Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Updates? How are those wheels treating you? Did you finish installing them yeller Konis?
    Got the Konis in last week, and I must say it's quite nice having functioning dampers up front! I think one is set a little softer than the other, which I'll address this weekend. Backs are both at ~3, which is where I want the fronts.

The worn front end made one PSS more worn than the other, so I've got a little pull/extra tramlining on one side. I just need to pull a Trevor and get the car sideways a whole bunch of times to wear down some rubber!

The wheels...damn do I love the wheels. I hate cleaning them, but they're way better than the 135Ms. I wish I'd gotten a lower offset up front, as the 8.5J ET45 doesn't clear the 6 pot calipers. A 3mm spacer BARELY clears it, but I'm scared with heat expansion it won't. I'm going to pick up a set of 5mms and test it out. Right now I have Nate's 15s, which look great (read: meaty af) and drive nicely, but the first patch of grit I run over is going to pepper the shit out of my sides.

I've got a lot of backfilling to do on this thread, but as I mentioned in another post I'm looking for a new job, and a lot of stuff is taking temporary residence on the back burner. My current position and industry are draining the life out of me, but I'm not going to leave without something else lined up...unless something really egregious happens. I almost got to that point last week, though. My coworker was convinced I wouldn't come back from lunch.

Almost forgot: I picked up an aFe dry intake the weekend before last. Kid was a freshman in college, had it on less than 1k miles, and was strapped for cash. $225, and 10 minutes of labor later, and I now get to listen to the hypnotic symphony.

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Pretty sure he got sick of all the rusty Canadian parts and dumped the car at the local junkyard
    Some days are better than others, that's for sure. I picked up a pretty clean rear subframe carrier when I was in Raleigh for work last month, which is admittedly the rustiest part of the car. I'm going to hit it with POR, and an epoxy-based paint to seal it all in. The car needs new bushings all around the back, so I'll probably rent Shawn's tool, preload the carrier, and do everything all in one fell swoop. I'll probably get some adjustable rear arms to drive out the back a little, as they couldn't quite get to OE camber with the worn bushings.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

we need updated pictures of this lovely car on the wheels
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I've got a lot of backfilling to do on this thread, but as I mentioned in another post I'm looking for a new job, and a lot of stuff is taking temporary residence on the back burner. My current position and industry are draining the life out of me, but I'm not going to leave without something else lined up...unless something really egregious happens. I almost got to that point last week, though. My coworker was convinced I wouldn't come back from lunch.
    I can totally empathize with your situation and I hope you find a new job soon.

Almost forgot: I picked up an aFe dry intake the weekend before last. Kid was a freshman in college, had it on less than 1k miles, and was strapped for cash. $225, and 10 minutes of labor later, and I now get to listen to the hypnotic symphony.
    I have the same intake. Although not as good as the GruppeM, at around 4300 RPM, it sounds AMAZING!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Estoril Coupe or: How I Learned to Import a Unicorn

I can totally empathize with your situation and I hope you find a new job soon.
    Thanks, bud. It's not a lot of fun, and it's hard to find the motivation to look after a long day at job you hate. However, I have a couple connections with a really great international company (whose name I won't mention yet, can't jinx it) back in the city where I went to school. The company really takes care of its employees, and it has a lot of expat opportunities (perfect for a single, childfree person like myself).

I have the same intake. Although not as good as the GruppeM, at around 4300 RPM, it sounds AMAZING!
    I looked at the GruppeM, and it certainly *looks* badass. But for the mostly insignificant gains from any intake, the aFe having a dry filter and being half the price of a used GruppeM, it was a no brainer. And yes, it sounds great. It definitely improves the factory exhaust note, too. Of course Daniel just posted that GruppeM this week, though lol.
    Last edited by 704sw; 07-26-2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Poor implementation of the English language

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Thanks, bud. It's not a lot of fun, and it's hard to find the motivation to look after a long day at job you hate.
    I get exactly what you mean. I have gone through the exact scenario but you just gotta keep pushing yourself. Even if you dedicate just 15 mins looking for jobs on LinkedIn or polishing up your resume each day after work, you are moving the needle in the right direction. Just don't let it be 0 mins - ever. I know, its hard but you will get there. Goodluck with the hunt!

Ok, on to car stuff now!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

I love how the picture for my project thread in tapatalk still shows the white F150.

I can't remember too much about the stock intake, but I think the AFE made the engine sound a little beefier above 2000 RPM and then yeah...the sonic boom at 4000.

Thanks, bud. It's not a lot of fun, and it's hard to find the motivation to look after a long day at job you hate. However, I have a couple connections with a really great international company (whose name I won't mention yet, can't jinx it) back in the city where I went to school. The company really takes care of its employees, and it has a lot of expat opportunities (perfect for a single, childfree person like myself).
    bummer, spenser. i hope those connections pan out!

I love how the picture for my project thread in tapatalk still shows the white F150.
    ya, i set it to be that. sweet, huh?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Ignore this post - I'm just testing Flickr sharing with a throwback picture.

Ugh so beautiful

I love nearly everything about this car. So well done

Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast