Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Estoril Coupe or: How I Learned to Import a Unicorn

The spacers I picked up over on E46F arrived today. ECS 12.5mm for the front, and H&R 15mm in the back (all with lugs). Dude did 2 day shipping from the PacNW to NC without asking

We all know how high the 135M offsets are, but here's a friendly reminder:
    Ew. Well, problem solved:

I didn't have time to give them the ol' Wheel Brightener treatment. When I do, I'll tackle repairing rash and likely refinishing them at the same time. They're not quite in "Spenser is a psycho perfectionist" condition, and DIY refinishing is a pretty inexpensive way to make a big difference.

Edited because my lack of an Oxford comma was irritating me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Just remember that you'll need to swap the spacers out in the back for something smaller if you ever plan on lowering the car. Looks perfect as-is though, no need to lower it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Just remember that you'll need to swap the spacers out in the back for something smaller if you ever plan on lowering the car. Looks perfect as-is though, no need to lower it.
    I really don't *plan* on lowering, but thanks for the reminder. I only park in end-spots, and it barely clears most curbs as it is lol.

Plus, after driving the E83 for 4 years, I feel like I'm on the ground already.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I really don't *plan* on lowering, but thanks for the reminder. I only park in end-spots, and it barely clears most curbs as it is lol.

Plus, after driving the E83 for 4 years, I feel like I'm on the ground already.

Honestly, a stock sport suspension ride height is greatly underrated. It allows you to clear speed bumps and other normal obstacles, steep driveways, etc. It also really doesn't look bad at all. I have my coilovers adjusted at almost the max height because I desire the functionality of the stock suspension!

Guess I'm a sucker for the "sporty but functional" look. Yours looks perfect as-is.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Honestly, a stock sport suspension ride height is greatly underrated. It allows you to clear speed bumps and other normal obstacles, steep driveways, etc. It also really doesn't look bad at all. I have my coilovers adjusted at almost the max height because I desire the functionality of the stock suspension!

Guess I'm a sucker for the "sporty but functional" look. Yours looks perfect as-is.
    you know,this winter i am in agreement more and more about the stock height - and the stock springs. after spending some good seat time with the Touring on stock sport springs (and bilstein dampers), i am loving the compliance, the travel, and the balance of the stock sport springs. i don't feel like bilstein did an awesome job with spring rate selection for the PSS. too stiff up front and too soft out back.

if i keep my sedan i'll likely go back to stock springs and either do koni yellows or FSDs.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i don't feel like bilstein did an awesome job with spring rate selection for the PSS. too stiff up front and too soft out back.
    I wonder if that's a downside of the PSS. My PSS10's feel damn near perfect to me... at least compared to what I had before.
    I can't say I've ever spent any length of time in a ZHP with stock suspension, so unfortunately have nothing to compare it to.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Slater sold me a hoopty with cracked tail lights but was nice enough to supply me with an equally messed up extra light unit. This one doesn't have cracks, but has some dead LEDs.

Since I'm crazy and wasn't a fan of either option, I decided to take apart the one with bad LEDs in hopes of transferring the good lens. Just got the first one taken apart successfully. It definitely wasn't like baking open a headlight
    If anyone wants to sell a pair of inner tails for a facelift coupe let me know! I want/need those too...

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    you know,this winter i am in agreement more and more about the stock height - and the stock springs. after spending some good seat time with the Touring on stock sport springs (and bilstein dampers), i am loving the compliance, the travel, and the balance of the stock sport springs. i don't feel like bilstein did an awesome job with spring rate selection for the PSS. too stiff up front and too soft out back.

if i keep my sedan i'll likely go back to stock springs and either do koni yellows or FSDs.
    I really like the Koni with h&r combo.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I really like the Koni with h&r combo.
    H&Rs are too low and too soft for me. if i did any kind of lowering spring it would be eibach pro kit, because the rates are the same balance as stock, just a little bit stiffer.

i've been doing a lot of reading on suspension frequencies lately.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Slater sold me a hoopty with cracked tail lights but was nice enough to supply me with an equally messed up extra light unit. This one doesn't have cracks, but has some dead LEDs.

Since I'm crazy and wasn't a fan of either option, I decided to take apart the one with bad LEDs in hopes of transferring the good lens. Just got the first one taken apart successfully. It definitely wasn't like baking open a headlight
    dang. how did it come apart?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast