Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    dang. how did it come apart?
    I heated it up at 220° for 7min like normal, but it came apart differently. It looks more like it was glued, rather than done with butyl. I haven't decided how I plan to get it back together yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I heated it up at 220° for 7min like normal, but it came apart differently. It looks more like it was glued, rather than done with butyl. I haven't decided how I plan to get it back together yet.

I pulled apart my euro tails when I received them (from the UK), and like most of the used light sets I saw from the UK, the insides were dirty as hell. I don't know what kind of acid rain (or whatever it is) they get, but man does it destroy seals over there since so many of the cars have that problem.

Anyway, I disassembled the lenses from my tails before installing them, cleaned the insides (VERY carefully, the reflective stuff comes off very easily), and resealed them with clear silicone. Worked like a charm, no problems since, and it's been a few years.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I disassembled the lenses from my tails before installing them, cleaned the insides (VERY carefully, the reflective stuff comes off very easily), and resealed them with clear silicone. Worked like a charm, no problems since, and it's been a few years.
    Did you use clamps or anything? Probably a stupid question; I'm just so used to always working with heat/butyl/clamps.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Did you use clamps or anything? Probably a stupid question; I'm just so used to always working with heat/butyl/clamps.

Nope. Just cleaned off all old glue, applied the silicone to the inside perimeter of the lens where the old glue was, put it on, and applied pressure. I don't remember how long, but however long the tube suggests (if it even does). I honestly can't remember how long or if there even were instructions.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

H&Rs are too low and too soft for me. if i did any kind of lowering spring it would be eibach pro kit, because the rates are the same balance as stock, just a little bit stiffer.

i've been doing a lot of reading on suspension frequencies lately.
    That is actually not true.

The front spring rate is almost the same as stock except the rear is a linear rate on the H&R.

All of the springs available for this car are really close to the stock rate and are about the same except for the drop they offer.

This is for the Sport springs not the Race springs.

As far as the amount of lowering, the sport is enough to get rid of the wheel gap without having the wheels tucking. I mean my wife has 0 issues on a daily basis. Not 1 complaint.

Also the new koni kits include now eibach springs

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    That is actually not true.

The front spring rate is almost the same as stock except the rear is a linear rate on the H&R.

All of the springs available for this car are really close to the stock rate and are about the same except for the drop they offer.

This is for the Sport springs not the Race springs.

As far as the amount of lowering, the sport is enough to get rid of the wheel gap without having the wheels tucking. I mean my wife has 0 issues on a daily basis. Not 1 complaint.

Also the new koni kits include now eibach springs
    actually, vas - you're incorrect. the front and rear are both progressive on the H&R - look at the coils in the URL below. see the ones that are closer together? those are the progressive rate coils on the spring.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-Sport-Springs

the problem with keeping the rates close to stock and then lowering, if then you are constantly running out of travel and hitting the bumpstops. if you lower, you need to increase rate. this is why stock sport springs work so well.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

actually, vas - you're incorrect. the front and rear are both progressive on the H&R - look at the coils in the URL below. see the ones that are closer together? those are the progressive rate coils on the spring.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-Sport-Springs

the problem with keeping the rates close to stock and then lowering, if then you are constantly running out of travel and hitting the bumpstops. if you lower, you need to increase rate. this is why stock sport springs work so well.

Edit:

I need to dig up the pictures I have of the stock springs on the zhp and the H&R Sport Springs.

I might be wrong but they where nearly identical but just shorter. But I might be wrong since I was just going off memory.
    Last edited by Vas; 02-05-2017 at 07:40 AM.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

H&Rs are too low and too soft for me. if i did any kind of lowering spring it would be eibach pro kit, because the rates are the same balance as stock, just a little bit stiffer.

i've been doing a lot of reading on suspension frequencies lately.
    I spent about a year or two with the stock suspension. It was really good. It was the best handing car I had ever driven. Then I installed yellow konis with the stock springs. That was a great combination as well. Then I got The Bilstiens and H&R sport springs. I ended up hating the Bilsteins... too stiff and not enough travel. Now I'm back to the Konis with the H&R sport springs. I love this combination.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Makeshift poll time...

I already know the answer, but I'm asking anyway. Let me know which reflector variant you like best!

Estoril

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast