Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Thanks Botond, will look at those options.
    I just ordered some Yellow Stuff pads, so I’ll let you know how they hold up. I don’t know the history behind the pads included with my used calipers, and I have no doubt they’d be worthless by the end of a 20min session. I plan on still using them for daily driving though.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

You have the 135 front calipers, right? Keep an eye on the Pistons with aftermarket pads. There have been issues with them melting with some aftermarket track pads
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    You have the 135 front calipers, right? Keep an eye on the Pistons with aftermarket pads. There have been issues with them melting with some aftermarket track pads
    Yea, I’ve read all about it (sad face emoji). I doubt I’ll be skilled enough to drive it to the point of torching the brakes **this time**, but I expect to face that issue this year. StopTech makes upgraded pistons and seals for them. If I kill the seals I’ll go ahead and do everything.

As my skills advance, I’ll look at StopTech, or 996s.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

the PO of my wife's 135 raced a lot with stock pads and no ill affects on the calipers
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    Me, too. What does that make us? ... and various other bits and pieces the previous "techs" that worked on the car couldn't be bothered with re-installing.

Salty
    Name:  tumblr_mq0gpn49yV1somw7ho3_500.png
Views: 321
Size:  276.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    the PO of my wife's 135 raced a lot with stock pads and no ill affects on the calipers
    Lucky dude. I had issues with seals from day 1, even with the replacement higher temp ones. Those calipers were cursed!

After rebuilding twice and still failing, I sold 'em to Ray and he hasn't had an issue with them. lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Estoril Coupe or: How I Learned to Import a Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post

James, I’ll send you the pictures I took of your car whenever I get a chance.
    Thanks, can’t wait to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I just ordered some Yellow Stuff pads, so I’ll let you know how they hold up. I don’t know the history behind the pads included with my used calipers, and I have no doubt they’d be worthless by the end of a 20min session. I plan on still using them for daily driving though.
    I run yellow stuff on the ZHP for HPDE and while they stop great they wear faster than any pad I’ve ever seen. And they are embarrassingly noisy around town. Chamfering the edges helps for a bit until you wear past that, then the noise comes right back. I have some Textars I swap in between track days.

Also, super jealous of the 135i brakes. I check craigslist frequently here in raleigh, hoping to come across a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

200,888km

Beisan Vanos seals, and I definitely owe Nate many adult beverages. One of the Teflon rings broke during reassembly, but Raj got us a replacement in two days, and I got to drive around the red car while the blue car sat disassembled on the QuickJack. Those FSDs are pretty awesome; not quite the direction I wanted to take on my car, but oh boy do I see why people love them so much.

Per Nate, the Beisan fitment was much better than the Vanos-BMW.com ones—that, plus his awesome customer service will have me recommending Beisan to anyone in need. In the 10 miles home I can confirm the 3k surge appears to be resolved. Just need another 190 miles to break them in.

Engine looked good to me. It’s always unnerving to lift the skirt and take a look for the first time.

Raj is the best. He's helped me out and many others. Looks nice and clean on the top side.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Yup, looks good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast