Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
  1. Yet another central locking issue...

So, I've read up and my issue seems different from the other ones I've read about.

First time I noticed it, the central locking had failed, AND all the interior lights wouldn't come on. Neither remote worked. Got in via the key, checked various fuses, and found that the interior lighting's fuse was blown, I forget which one. I replaced it, and it car started. On another day, it happened again, but this time lights were fine. I pulled and re-inserted the central locking fuses, all of which were ok, but when it came to fuse 49, I pulled it and the alarm went off until I reinserted it, and then I turned the car on with the key. Problem gone. During that time, the central locking button on the console wouldn't work until after I did that fuse.

Both remotes worked afterwards. I noted that it happened when the temps went below freezing overnight.

Somewhere afterward, the battery was low, and I had to jumpstart the car. Had a repeat of the remote entry problem, pulled fuse 49 again, heard the alarm, reseated the fuse, inserted the key, started the car and it all worked again. Cold night, too.

Had the battery fully die, after yet another cold night. Saw that the battery was 5 1/2 years old and its voltage was around 11, so I replaced it with a new Bosch AGM. Car's been fine since then (2-3 weeks).

This morning, the remote stopped working AGAIN. I got in, started the car, and drove somewhere. After stopping, I pulled and reinserted fuse 49, got the alarm, cleared it after starting the car, which fired up immediately.

Is this yet another variation of a GM issue, or could this be something else?? Should I just look at and clean the central lock button?

Any other ideas?

Possibly one other issue - the car will not beep if I've locked the driver's door. If I unlock and open any other door, or the trunk, and then lock the car with the remote, I get a beep. Is that related, or is that be a separate programming issue/choice?
    Last edited by MrAdventure; 12-25-2016 at 12:57 PM.

These problems are such a pita.

Have you read up about voltage drop testing? It's kind of a cop out, but it's the best solution I can come up with for you.

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comu...agnosevoltdrop

I would rule out the GM5 module by having it rebuilt. For $125 - it is worth the effort.

I used this guy when I was having issues with my center lock button not working, remote not responding, and interior lights doing funny things.

https://www.bmwgm5.com/

He was quick. Total turn around time, including shipping, was 5 days.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake