Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If I understand correctly, it is always easier to retrofit later components than currently installed but much more difficult to install older components than currently installed as nextelbuddy has pointed out. Try to get a cluster of the same year or later.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    i havent heard from ELCID86 on this method of getting the Mileage to go UP and i dont eve know if that applies to going down.. im gonna say probably not.
    The method only applies to putting in a lower mileage cluster. It involves changing how quickly it counts miles. There is a way to do it with PA soft where it counts the miles extremely rapidly. He upped his thousands of miles in no time at all using this method.

The problem with the method is that you'll never get an exact mileage on your car again. It's very difficult to sync it up precisely, so "close enough" is probably as good as it's gonna get.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I wonder if there is a preference for MS45
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The method only applies to putting in a lower mileage cluster. It involves changing how quickly it counts miles. There is a way to do it with PA soft where it counts the miles extremely rapidly. He upped his thousands of miles in no time at all using this method.

The problem with the method is that you'll never get an exact mileage on your car again. It's very difficult to sync it up precisely, so "close enough" is probably as good as it's gonna get.
    Yes this exactly what I need my cluster has less miles than my car and I need my cluster that has Les Miles to increase the mileage to match the chassis of my car. So if anybody has the steps or directions on what to do in Pasoft then please let me know.very interested in this method.

I'm perfectly happy if i overshoot or undershoot the mileage... I just need it close enough.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Can probably be done by changing the factor of correction for measuring the wheel speed
    Modification Thread

That's right BP and what I'm trying to find the instructions to. Need to have PAsoft...

I got mine "close enough " maybe a bit over.

Just bought my cluster. 02 car. Just need the pa soft and illumination wire information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Modification Thread

M3 cluster, remove DSC light, change VIN, increase mileage?

Bought the cluster. Threw it in. Quite a few issues. The options needed to calibrate the steering angle sensor are not visible for me in inpa. Also when I attempt to code the IKE with pa soft, I get "No coding data retrieved". Also as seen by the picture below,I was able to copy some information to the new ike but the vin remains. Thanks guys.
    Modification Thread

never seen the CAN message before. Did this happen before you did the sync from LCM to IKE? before i did anything, i copied all values of LCM and IKE such as VIN, mileage, and any other values could see into a text file so that if i needed to restore values, I could. maybe try setting the cluster back to original and see if it responds?

for the DSC, i followed these INPA directions:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...or-calibration

Hey

I had problems with the original cluster and i bought a used one. Be sure that it's not older than the original! Newer works fine. Preferably to the same engine and gearbox.

After the swap everything works fine, but i got the DSC light and the yellow handbrake light constantly on! And then of course the stability control doesn't work.

I downloaded the "Bmw standard tools 5.0" and installed it to my computer. Follow the instructions carefully. You will also need the Inpa/ediabas cable to connect to obd2 on the car, and to your computer. I also use a usb to serial cable. When you get the "INPA" to function choose "E46", "Chassis", "Steering angle sensor" Double click, and then there is a "Special job" on one of the "F" or shift "F" options. I am not hooked up to the car, so i can't give exact explanation. But once you find it, it's the F1 job, there is a message that says "sterring wheel must be aligned straight forward!" Hit F1 and you will calibrate your steering angle sensor. After this the lights went out and everything functions!
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast