Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

NEW UNCODED LCM/LSZ and UNCODED CLUSTER?

have a friend that purchased new LCM and cluster from bmw but they said they cant code because they need the original LCM. that sounds like rubbish. There has to be another module that info can be inherited/synced from.

I swear i feel like i've read it on here before that there are other modules that contain VIN, MILEAGE and that when you plugged in NEW uncoded items that they would just work and update with the proper info.

The LCM and Instrument Cluster are the redundant sources - they sync that info with each other. If they're both new, then the dealer is right. You'd have to code them manually, which they won't do for legal reasons.

I know the two sync the mileage if one of them has the correct VIN and a mileage programmed in it and the other has a 0 mileage, but I'm not sure if the VIN would transfer to a new LCM just like that - I think the VIN has to be programmed, and the mileage syncs up automatically.

Either way, some manual work has to be done in this scenario. I would start by coding the VIN and mileage to the LCM using PASoft and then seeing if the cluster pulls the information from the LCM on its own.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The LCM and Instrument Cluster are the redundant sources - they sync that info with each other. If they're both new, then the dealer is right. You'd have to code them manually, which they won't do for legal reasons.

I know the two sync the mileage if one of them has the correct VIN and a mileage programmed in it and the other has a 0 mileage, but I'm not sure if the VIN would transfer to a new LCM just like that - I think the VIN has to be programmed, and the mileage syncs up automatically.

Either way, some manual work has to be done in this scenario. I would start by coding the VIN and mileage to the LCM using PASoft and then seeing if the cluster pulls the information from the LCM on its own.
    Will do, thank you!
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed