Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So how do all the custom cars and hotrods that we see on TV in CA pass all these rules?... just curious.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    And while this is a car discussion forum, it does get tiring hearing about how bad CA is with SMOG regs, of course we don't like the restrictions. The flip side is the L.A. air is cleaner than it's been ever since SMOG became a problem. Another plus is we don't have to deal with car inspections that other states have that cover a whole other list of tedium. It is what it is.
    As a fellow Californian (natural born) I am all for clean air, water and land. I realize the government has to draw a line somewhere when it comes to enforcement. I don't mind doing my part maintaining and getting my vehicles smogged. What I don't like is the inequities in the CA smog system where they strain at the gnats like intakes which have little to no impact on smog output but look the other way when it comes to smoke belching diesels and old cars that asphyxiate you when near them in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    So how do all the custom cars and hotrods that we see on TV in CA pass all these rules?... just curious.
    You can do ANYTHING you want to an engine if your car is a 1975 or older (may be off a bit on the year but something close to that).
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    As a fellow Californian (natural born) I am all for clean air, water and land. I realize the government has to draw a line somewhere when it comes to enforcement. I don't mind doing my part maintaining and getting my vehicles smogged. What I don't like is the inequities in the CA smog system where they strain at the gnats like intakes which have little to no impact on smog output but look the other way when it comes to smoke belching diesels and old cars that asphyxiate you when near them in traffic.
    Trust me, I'm with you on that.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

So JR what did you end up doing, just going to another smog shop? And does anyone know if an EO number exists? I tried looking in this database, but couldn't find anything.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

smog is going to suck next year. I just smogged recently, one year late from when it was due, and they were way more strict after the ECU thing passed. I heard that it may even be hard to do remote now for the mod friendly stations. Hopefully they figure something out before I have to do it lol

Anyone know if my setup will be okay? In terms of emissions-related items, I have the BMWP intake and exhaust. Exhaust is very obvious since the stock system was cut and the muffler clamped on. Luckily no ECU/Tuning related changes for me lol

I'm going to need to expedite my California registration and have it all done next month. My Ontario plates expire end of October and I don't want to pay $120 to renew for another year, just to only use it for 2-3 more months

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Anyone know if my setup will be okay? In terms of emissions-related items, I have the BMWP intake and exhaust. Exhaust is very obvious since the stock system was cut and the muffler clamped on. Luckily no ECU/Tuning related changes for me lol

I'm going to need to expedite my California registration and have it all done next month. My Ontario plates expire end of October and I don't want to pay $120 to renew for another year, just to only use it for 2-3 more months

Pretty much would depend on the shop for visual. But if it's completely stock should pass emissions. Just replace the intake with stock airbox real quick and you should be good.

I found a place. The safest thing would be to put your stock airbox back on.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately my car came with the intake so I don't have the stocker to put on. I think I'll pick one up from a local partout before I move since his prices are decent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast