Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Who has a Sirius XM tuner in their car?

I have had a xm radio in my coupe since I bought it 11 years ago and I love it. But recently I was in a rental car and found a new station for 1 hit wonders on channel 303. Well much to my surprise I can't get my tuner to go above channel 237. My wife's 2012 Acura has the same issue.

I figure this is likely due to older tuners without programing for these new channels. So now I am wondering if there is an option for me to get a new tuner that is integrated into the factory radio? I can use my OEM head unit and steering wheel controls, so I would like to keep it that way.

Here is a pic of the tuner I have.

Name:  File_000-4.jpeg
Views: 273
Size:  658.1 KB
    2004 330i ZHP Imola/Alcantara 6MT

This is relevant to my interests...

I have had the same tuner in my car with the Blitzsafe adapter.

I stopped paying my SXM subscription about two years ago; been Spotify and downloaded music almost exclusively. But, rethinking of putting it back into my DD since SXM is an actual customer. LOL. Might as well eat my customer's dog food.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    This is relevant to my interests...

I have had the same tuner in my car with the Blitzsafe adapter.

I stopped paying my SXM subscription about two years ago; been Spotify and downloaded music almost exclusively. But, rethinking of putting it back into my DD since SXM is an actual customer. LOL. Might as well eat my customer's dog food.
    I can't get into using these apps like spotify for music because of the extra time it takes. I just want to get in my car and turn on the radio to get music. I don't like having to open and app, connect via cable or bluetooth if I am just making a quick run to the gym.

Well Karl, looks like you and I are the only 2 who care about this but anyway I went down a google rabbit hole last night and think I might have a solution. So in the many years I have been using my Blitzsafe adapter and the XM tuner apparently Audiovox made, past tense, a new adapter with more features built in. Well that time has come and gone, Audiovox no longer makes these adapters and they didn't included a satellite tuner in them.

http://static.voxxintl.com/docs/comm...HR7_AG_OEI.pdf

First is the Audiovox Silverline DUO that allows you to add an external sat tuner.
    Next is the Audiovox Carstream which includes Bluetooth streaming and external sat tuner connections.
    Finally is the Audiovox MediaBridge which has the most features included, handsfree calling, bluetooth, USB media player, and again external sat tuner.

As I said none of these are in production anymore so you can find new and used ones on ebay/amazon. Then you have to get the sat tuner to connect to it, but I still don't know if these sat tuners will support the full channel list from the XM/Sirius merger.

^^ runs to VW to check channel 303...

COOL! What a great concept. Immediately added to presets. Thanks for posting this!

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    ^^ runs to VW to check channel 303...

COOL! What a great concept. Immediately added to presets. Thanks for posting this!
    Hey man I just checked out your photo album, that was pretty awesome. That M coupe was pretty sweet looking but I love that fact that you have cycled through other cars and still have the zhp.

http://www.kcphotodump.net/Cars/BMW-330Ci/

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd330 View Post
    Hey man I just checked out your photo album, that was pretty awesome. That M coupe was pretty sweet looking but I love that fact that you have cycled through other cars and still have the zhp.
    Thanks. I've had the ZHP for 5 years now. I had a sweet E39 M5 for a year, but just could never bond with it - found myself grabbing the ZHP keys far more often. So I got rid of it and bought a new Golf R a year ago. Much happier in that car, though I still admire the M5 for its timeless good looks - just wasn't an awesome driving experience for me. The steering in the ZHP is 1000x better than the recirculating ball setup that all V8 E39's have. That's the car's main flaw, and it's a big one.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Thanks. I've had the ZHP for 5 years now. I had a sweet E39 M5 for a year, but just could never bond with it - found myself grabbing the ZHP keys far more often. So I got rid of it and bought a new Golf R a year ago. Much happier in that car, though I still admire the M5 for its timeless good looks - just wasn't an awesome driving experience for me. The steering in the ZHP is 1000x better than the recirculating ball setup that all V8 E39's have. That's the car's main flaw, and it's a big one.
    What about the mk4 r32 vs mk7 r? I have always had a love of the mk4 body, love the roundness.

I have considered adding the tuner for same reasons.
    Going to do some research.

BMW CCA # 510252

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd330 View Post
    What about the mk4 r32 vs mk7 r? I have always had a love of the mk4 body, love the roundness.
    I owned them a decade apart - sold my R32 in 2006, bought the Mk7 in 2016 - so the R32 memory is a bit foggy. The only thing the old car had on the new one was the engine note - the VR6 in the R32 is one of the coolest sounding motors ever IMHO. The 2-liter turbo 4 in the Mk7 R sounds like - a 4-banger. But, it's got 52 more hp in stock form, and the new car is vastly superior in every other respect. I just took my first long road trip in it, and gained a huge appreciation for the DCC (dynamic chassis control) suspension. I drove out to SoCal with it set on "comfort" which I rarely use here in Phoenix, with our very smooth and well-maintained roads. But for the crappy California freeways and surface streets, it's a godsend. It's amazing how comfortable it can make the ride considering it has to overcome heavy 19" wheels with very little rubber and air underneath you. With some nice light 18's, it would truly be surreal.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R