Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    That won't help. When the key is in position 1 or 2, the other two fuses are supplying power to it so you didn't really do a reset. I would recommend that you leave fuse 43 out overnight and report back.
    Left fuse out all night and no luck this am. Although the backup camera engaged this am which was not working at all earlier.

Also discovered that the backup sensors aren't working either which is a bummer. Not sure if that is a separate fuse or not. Sheesh!

I'm going to pull out all the corresponding fuses for the instrument cluster and radio today and leave them out hoping that works.

Quote Originally Posted by ETAction View Post
    Left fuse out all night and no luck this am. Although the backup camera engaged this am which was not working at all earlier.

Also discovered that the backup sensors aren't working either which is a bummer. Not sure if that is a separate fuse or not. Sheesh!

I'm going to pull out all the corresponding fuses for the instrument cluster and radio today and leave them out hoping that works.
    Hmm...atleast the backup camera is now working

I found the original thread I followed to fix my problems (was buried deep within my gmail):

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...gnition-is-off

Notice the last post on that thread - the guy left fuse 43 out for a few days while he drove around. After that when he plugged the fuse back in, everything worked as usual. It is possible that some condensation might be shorting out stuff within the cluster and leaving fuse 43 out for a few days let it all dry off.

Have you checked the battery voltage on your car? Weird electrical stuff happens on the E46 when your battery is low on charge. If you have an extra battery maybe try swapping out with it?

When you start the car and drive around, does the tach and other gauges work as usual?

Also for reference, here is a pin-out of the IKE:

https://www.bmwgm5.com/bmwgm5/E46_IKE_Connections.htm
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Hmm...atleast the backup camera is now working

I found the original thread I followed to fix my problems (was buried deep within my gmail):

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...gnition-is-off

Notice the last post on that thread - the guy left fuse 43 out for a few days while he drove around. After that when he plugged the fuse back in, everything worked as usual. It is possible that some condensation might be shorting out stuff within the cluster and leaving fuse 43 out for a few days let it all dry off.

Have you checked the battery voltage on your car? Weird electrical stuff happens on the E46 when your battery is low on charge. If you have an extra battery maybe try swapping out with it?

When you start the car and drive around, does the tach and other gauges work as usual?

Also for reference, here is a pin-out of the IKE:

https://www.bmwgm5.com/bmwgm5/E46_IKE_Connections.htm

Bimmerforums! Nice. I used to creep around that forum all the time.

Nothing works while driving around but I have always put fuse 43 back in. I gotta run a couple errands for work now and will leave it out while I do. Doesnt help that it is raining.

It has to be something electrical considering the radio, backup sensors and cluster arent working.

Backup camera only worked once while i left home but when i backed into my spot in the parking garage at work it didnt activate or the sensors.

Seems like best bet is to leave fuse 43 out for a while and hope it dries out!

ahhhhhhhh!

Still not fixed.

I kept fuse 43 out for a couple days while i drove and got more action from the cluster and even the nav started working (but still no radio) But since the cluster was giving me more response i put back in the fuse and got even less response from when the problem first occurred. Very frustrating.

Also, when fuse 43 is in now I get this loud whistling/whining noise that increases with the acceleration. Very strange. Without the fuse in it goes away.

Im not sure what to do. Ill keep fuse 43 out for a week or so and maybe disconnect the battery for the weekend and hope it works!

Electrical gremlins are the worst, I feel for you man
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

this is Mrs Sockethead, I bought weed today. That's right, Dill Weed. Im gonna put that shit in some red skin potato's.

Good day.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    this is Mrs Sockethead, I bought weed today. That's right, Dill Weed. Im gonna put that shit in some red skin potato's.

Good day.
    Kris needs to lay off whatever she's on.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by ETAction View Post
    Still not fixed.

I kept fuse 43 out for a couple days while i drove and got more action from the cluster and even the nav started working (but still no radio) But since the cluster was giving me more response i put back in the fuse and got even less response from when the problem first occurred. Very frustrating.

Also, when fuse 43 is in now I get this loud whistling/whining noise that increases with the acceleration. Very strange. Without the fuse in it goes away.

Im not sure what to do. Ill keep fuse 43 out for a week or so and maybe disconnect the battery for the weekend and hope it works!
    BP and I had replied to your post but I guess it got lost in all this hacking fiasco.

I think its time that you get an indy to troubleshoot your cluster or if you have access to a spare cluster, try to plug that in. Quite possible that your cluster is a goner.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Kris needs to lay off whatever she's on.
    WTF? I just saw this... The kids must be getting to her...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

WTF? I just saw this... The kids must be getting to her...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast