Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wanted a wider rear for the look to push the wheel out enough to make it look close to flush.
    2004 330i ZHP Imola/Alcantara 6MT

So I just saw a thread where bosszhp is running 9.5 in the rear on his coupe. Are coupes and sedans different for fitment?

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...352#post501352

"I don't have a square setup, but I have 18x9.5 ET35 in the rear and I don't even have my fenders rolled. I have 255 Michelin PSS in the back and suspension setup is Koni FSD's with Eibach Springs, to be honest not sure if it's lower than stock but I scrape everywhere so I am thinking it is by a little haha. I do rub over big dips and bumps but it's nothing too bad."

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    This. Also, have you considered a square setup? The handling of the car with a square setup is simply amazing. I can't recall the last time I had understeer. All I get is very neutral handling at the track, and 8.5" wheel all around is perfectly sufficient with regards to handling. I don't have traction issues at all, other than the occasional section of track where I really need a limited slip diff...
    yes, the front end grip difference with the 245 PSS up front is crazy. the car gets better that harder i push it! now, with my alignment settings my car is almost tail-happy.... and i goad it quite a bit too. the LSD makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd330 View Post
    So I just saw a thread where bosszhp is running 9.5 in the rear on his coupe. Are coupes and sedans different for fitment?

"I don't have a square setup, but I have 18x9.5 ET35 in the rear and I don't even have my fenders rolled. I have 255 Michelin PSS in the back and suspension setup is Koni FSD's with Eibach Springs, to be honest not sure if it's lower than stock but I scrape everywhere so I am thinking it is by a little haha. I do rub over big dips and bumps but it's nothing too bad."
    yes, coupes have a bit more room back there. are you putting these on your coupe or sedan?

as bosszhp stated, he rubs everywhere, and on a coupe. personally, i hate rubbing. it tells me i have more work to do, because it should not rub. i'm going to run more negative camber in the rear, and if i end up running 9.5" wheels on the back of the Touring... well... i'm going much wider with the arches.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Hmm, okay good to know.

So, I was actually going to run the same wheels on both cars but start with the sedan. I found a set of TE37's square 9.5 I was going to use for rear wheels and then I was going to either order 8.5 volks for up front or try and find another square set.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    not hard at all. apex ARC-8.... 18x8.5 ET38 up front, 18x9 ET42 in the rear. done.

that's going to be really hard on a non-M and will actually stick out 1mm further than an 18x9.5 ET35.

take a look at the apex wheels.

i actually have a crazy idea to run an 18x9.5 ET35 ARC-8 on the back of the Touring, but i might have to do some M3 bodywork to support them.
    Isn't it just going to be same as running them on sedan? When I helped with Brian N.'s car, We just rolled it as much as possible. Then we cut the fender lip off and sealed everything back up. He wasn't that low though. Did the normal cutting off the stud and stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd330 View Post
    I wanted a wider rear for the look to push the wheel out enough to make it look close to flush.
    Spacers can do that, no need for the extra wheel weight TBH
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

I'm running 18X9.5 ET35 on the back of my sedan with H&R sport springs and fenders rolled. I still rub occasionally on big dips and bumps. Also, of course, the more people I have in the car, the worse it gets. From what I can tell, it's rubbing on the mounting bolt where the bumper meets the fender in the rear. Some people just remove that mount but I live with the occasional rubbing...I'm also running ET35 on the front, no issues at all there.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm running 18X9.5 ET35 on the back of my sedan with H&R sport springs and fenders rolled. I still rub occasionally on big dips and bumps. Also, of course, the more people I have in the car, the worse it gets. From what I can tell, it's rubbing on the mounting bolt where the bumper meets the fender in the rear. Some people just remove that mount but I live with the occasional rubbing...I'm also running ET35 on the front, no issues at all there.
    rob, what size tire are you running on there? also, how aggressive is the fender roll?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I'm running Hankooks, stock tire size. Fender roll is pretty aggressive but it's not rubbing on the fender, it's rubbing on that bumper bolt
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm running Hankooks, stock tire size. Fender roll is pretty aggressive but it's not rubbing on the fender, it's rubbing on that bumper bolt
    gotcha. just planning ahead... i'm thinking of running some 18x9.5" ARC-8s in the back of whatever car i keep (Touring or sedan). i'm running 245/35/18 PSS on the sedan and i have traction issues.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12