Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I came in here thinking that he totaled the car or something lol
    Oh god imagine the title if that ever happens *knock on wood* lol

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    i didnt know what to think reading that title.
    I can admit it was a little forward haha, just a good summary of how I felt

Two of the tires on my e90 had similar damage, but much smaller. The car didn't pass state inspection (picky technician, I guess) because of it. I asked in DT since I bought the tires there. They offered me a good discount on 2 new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Two of the tires on my e90 had similar damage, but much smaller. The car didn't pass state inspection (picky technician, I guess) because of it. I asked in DT since I bought the tires there. They offered me a good discount on 2 new ones.
    Hm, well I'm not up for inspection anytime soon and these are just my winters. I bought them from TireRack, so I doubt they'd do any kind of discount:/ I might be able to get a returning customer discount at the install place though, we'll have to see.
    Someone recently brought up to me that it's an even worse idea to drive that tire in Illinois because of all the potholes(especially on my way to school), while others say to just watch it for bubbling or loss in pressure... decisions decisions, I don't want to spend $200 if I don't need to, but I also don't want to wait until it's too late

I'd check with a tire shop - depending on how much of a "rim protector" there is (hard to tell from the pic) it could be just cosmetic, or there could be a risk. I have a chunk torn and hanging like yours on one of my Michelin PS2s (previous owner of the tire), but it's just the rim protector and I superglued it back. Of course, it had to be a rear tire - a replacement 305/30R19 is over $500 here in Canada.
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123