Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

BMW CCA - Tarheel Chapter @ Virginia International Raceway - HPDE

I posted this down in the Southeast section, but since the event is in southern VA, I didn't want anyone up here to miss out!

Anyone else planning on going to this one?

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...-school-379021
    RD Sport Tornado Aero Kit|RD Sport Sway Bars|Bilstein PSS9|OE M3 Strut Bar|Bimmerbrakes Gen3 Headers (Swain Sprayed)|Supersprint x-pipe, section 2 resonator & muffler|Dinan Stage II Tune|Dinan LT Intake|Dinan TB|UUC UD Pulleys|E60 SSK

If I haven't yet bought a townhouse by then, then I'd consider. Unfortunately registration opens too soon... it'll probably fill up before I'll know for sure.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Full Course at VIR is the BEST! Could be a wee bit early in the season for good temps in the tires, but may be a fun event. What are the chances of me not being missed at work during this time? Hmmm...

-Brettski

I might come

Never been to a track day but always wanted to... How much does it cost approximately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

The event itself is $450 (2 days of on track and classroom instruction). I had 7 (20ish minute) on track sessions last year....you have to have a helmet (or can rent one)...I purchased one for around $400 - $500 last year...lodging for 2 nights at $125/night (at VIR)...must have a track inspection...So not including a helmet you're looking at $900 - $1,000 with misc exp (gas, food, etc.)...can cut that down if you split a room.

Veteran track guys - chime in
    RD Sport Tornado Aero Kit|RD Sport Sway Bars|Bilstein PSS9|OE M3 Strut Bar|Bimmerbrakes Gen3 Headers (Swain Sprayed)|Supersprint x-pipe, section 2 resonator & muffler|Dinan Stage II Tune|Dinan LT Intake|Dinan TB|UUC UD Pulleys|E60 SSK

Quote Originally Posted by ///Mvious View Post
    The event itself is $450 (2 days of on track and classroom instruction). I had 7 (20ish minute) on track sessions last year....you have to have a helmet (or can rent one)...I purchased one for around $400 - $500 last year...lodging for 2 nights at $125/night (at VIR)...must have a track inspection...So not including a helmet you're looking at $900 - $1,000 with misc exp (gas, food, etc.)...can cut that down if you split a room.

Veteran track guys - chime in
    Yep, it is normally about $1,000 for me for 2 days at VIR when you figure everything in. If you add HPDE insurance, a little bit more. If you trust your own mechanical abilities, most of the schools that I have attended there allow you to inspect your own car. Peace of mind is getting your mechanic to put eyes on her just to be sure all will be sound at 120+ MPH.

-Brettski

You can get a good Snell M-rated helmet for less than $200.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.