Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Can't wait so see this peach of a car in person - small world when it's coming to a fellow mafioso in your hometown. All be jealous! (except Hickatew... he's got nothing to be jealous about)

I got it I got it!! It's currently garaged while I get some winter tires and while the snow clears up - we got like 2 feet here in Boston in the last few days with more coming tomorrow.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. The ZHP is a great car in general; powerful, comfy (roadtripped Denver to Boston and went right to work at the end of it), just wide / heavy enough, and this one is pretty good condition. It turns out that it didn't have the Premium Package unlike the ad said, which I didn't notice when I bought it :/, might have a coolant issue or two (although, after 30 hours the heat coming from below the passenger seat might be understandable), and a slight VANOS rattle ... which makes the price I paid for it way too high . But I'm happy! It's made my work commute amaaazing.

Will post pictures soon.

Congrats. Glad to have another Imola in the northeast. There's at least 2 of us in CT with Imola's

As for the premium package, honestly, i feel it's overrated. You seem to have the cold weather package which, being in Boston, is something you will get a lot more use/benefit from.

What makes you think you may have a coolant issue?

I just really wanted lumbar support :'(

Coolant issue because as we were getting to NYC at 1am on that Sunday / Monday, after having driven pretty much straight from University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana (12 hours), there was a lot of heat coming from the floor and coming off the radio. Put my hand below the passenger seat and it was way hotter than the rest of the car. The next day on the drive from NYC to Boston it felt hot next to my right knee (where the radio bends into the stick shift), my leg was sweating a little even though the rest of my body was cool. It's been garaged since because of the snow but that's what it felt like when the components in my VW started to go, so just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by hickatew View Post
    I just really wanted lumbar support :'(

Coolant issue because as we were getting to NYC at 1am on that Sunday / Monday, after having driven pretty much straight from University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana (12 hours), there was a lot of heat coming from the floor and coming off the radio. Put my hand below the passenger seat and it was way hotter than the rest of the car. The next day on the drive from NYC to Boston it felt hot next to my right knee (where the radio bends into the stick shift), my leg was sweating a little even though the rest of my body was cool. It's been garaged since because of the snow but that's what it felt like when the components in my VW started to go, so just guessing.
    This may be a stupid question, but did you check to make sure the heat wasn't set to feet only? Also, check the slider between the center vents to ensure that's not set to the hottest setting. Use Auto for the best overall settings as that ensures the temperature in the cabin is what you set it to.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I checked the heat, yes. Turned it off for a time just to be sure.

This car was previously an EAG car who would does cooling systems refresh prior to sale, so I'm surprised that'd be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm aware, part of the reason for the price. Not ruling it out, though - going to drive it a bit more once the snow disappears and if I feel it again and I'll take it into a shop.

I would also doubt cooling issues...If it was having cooling issues, your temp gauge would indicate (quick trip to the red). Is it missing any of the heat shield??
    RD Sport Tornado Aero Kit|RD Sport Sway Bars|Bilstein PSS9|OE M3 Strut Bar|Bimmerbrakes Gen3 Headers (Swain Sprayed)|Supersprint x-pipe, section 2 resonator & muffler|Dinan Stage II Tune|Dinan LT Intake|Dinan TB|UUC UD Pulleys|E60 SSK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast