Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Eonon D5150Z 7"

[QUOTE=Sreten;517494]I'm not a stupid man. I do IT for living and troubleshooting is part of my every day work, but this thing wants to end up at the bottom of the ocean.

They finally responded and said that I need to update my unit. Sent some files and instructions. Well, I did do that and it just made things worse.

None of the buttons work now and screen resolution got messed up and there is no option to resize it.

So it looks like this:

Oh, and radio doesn't work anymore. So it is utterly useless now.

Now they are probably going to respond after 3 days once they check with their "tech" in cryptic English and tell me that I need to unplug everything and reboot which I already did

Did you try a hard reset? ( I assume you did) I ad a similar issue after an "update" file was sent toe. I had to learn the word/symbol for "languages" in Cantonese to try to get it back to English. I lost CD/DVD functionality with my update.

I almost found a Cantonese-speaking friend to ty and get an Eonon tech on the phone.

Damn... That is not the review I was hoping for! Sorry to hear it man, I'd be furious. Hoping for your sake that it can be fixed, or they at least allow a return, keep us posted please
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

[QUOTE=Pilot05;517615]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    I'm not a stupid man. I do IT for living and troubleshooting is part of my every day work, but this thing wants to end up at the bottom of the ocean.

They finally responded and said that I need to update my unit. Sent some files and instructions. Well, I did do that and it just made things worse.

None of the buttons work now and screen resolution got messed up and there is no option to resize it.

So it looks like this:

Oh, and radio doesn't work anymore. So it is utterly useless now.

Now they are probably going to respond after 3 days once they check with their "tech" in cryptic English and tell me that I need to unplug everything and reboot which I already did

Did you try a hard reset? ( I assume you did) I ad a similar issue after an "update" file was sent toe. I had to learn the word/symbol for "languages" in Cantonese to try to get it back to English. I lost CD/DVD functionality with my update.

I almost found a Cantonese-speaking friend to ty and get an Eonon tech on the phone.
    Any updates since your last post? Steering wheel controls working yet?
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Nope. They sent me another update after and it just reversed things and it was same as before, no steering controls.

After much explanation with their support I sent the unit back for full refund. At first I wanted that they send me a new unit with new cables and can bus and try it again, but since I'm moving and selling the car that's not happening.

I was talking to few local stereo guys and they don't want to touch these units. They say it's hit or miss as sometimes everything works and sometimes doesn't, like steering controls. They recommend aftermarket units like Kenwood or Pioneer but I personally don't like those. You don't keep the OE look and you have to cut a lot of stuff to be able to fit them.

Man, that sucks, sorry to hear it. Perhaps I'll take a look at the competition as well. Thanks for the info, much appreciated
    2016 BMW M340i

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post

I just did actually.
    I got the GA6150 in January. Not bad, but as has been said, you get what you pay for.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567