Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seattle area longtime ZHP owner, longtime ZHP Mafia reader, finally a forum member

Hello all, thanks Dane for adding me to the group.

I have a 2004 Imola Red convertible, 6MT, with Nav, heated seats, PDC, Xenons and BMW Assist. Oh, and a leather steering wheel the previous owner thankfully installed in place of the original Alcantara. I bought the car in 2009, sight-unseen from Orange Park, Florida (after farming out a thorough pre-buy inspection to a Jacksonville indie shop, of course). The ZHP replaced a silver 2001 ZSP 325i 5MT that I also really enjoyed. In the past I've also owned an '85 535i and an '85 524td (yes, really!).

When I got the ZHP, it had 36K miles and was completely immaculate, perfect in every way. It was a dream come true. These days it's still nearly all stock, with just under 104K miles. It's no longer "perfect," but it's still in amazing shape for a 13 year old car (February 2004 build date).

I'll admit that after so many years and miles, I'd started to forget how special this car was, and in fact lately I've been lusting after a couple year old F80 M3. But financial reality quickly set in, plus I still really love the ZHP, so I'm keeping it... and since I'm keeping it, I might as well get excited about it again. :D

It's generally been a good, reliable car, just needing some of the typical stuff like gaskets, RTABs, brakes, thermostat, bushings, that kind of thing. I do most of my own work, so it's affordable. The next project is installation of a new stereo head unit, which will solve my sole significant complaint about the car- the onboard "tech" is pretty awful compared to modern offerings.

Anyway, I've been reading this site for years, and am glad to be a part of it now. Some photos of my car are included below, these were shot after a detailing last summer (2016).

Cheers,

Pat

upload images free

Welcome Pat! Always good to see fellow PNW'ers on here, there aren't many. Beautiful car, I'm sure the Imola Elite will be happy to welcome you. Whereabouts are you located in Seattle? I'm actually in need of a good indy shop in the Tacoma/Puyallup area for a PPI, if you have any suggestions? Also, you mention upgrading your "onboard tech". I'm not sure which route you're looking to take, but I'm in the same boat and have been seriously looking into the Eonon GA6150. I even have a thread going with a bunch of great input from these guys, if an OEM look NAV option interests you. Link to the thread below, along with a link to the unit itself.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-D5150Z-7-quot

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GA6150-Eonon...-/162176898659
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Welcome! Car looks amazing!

Did you take those pictures on vacation or something? Didn't think you guys ever saw any sunlight out that way

Welcome aboard, Pat! As Jeff said, always nice to see another fellow PacNWer on here.

Car looks great, look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome. Beauty. Verts FTW! BTW, I purchased mine in '09 too (CPO) with 32K miles and I now have ~86K, so not all that far off.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Pat, welcome.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome. IR is among my favorite colors.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! Cadeez (Jeff?) unfortunately I'm not familiar with any south end shops- I used to take my first E28 to a place in Auburn when I lived in Kent years ago, but I can't remember the name. I'm outside of Issaquah now.

I'm probably going to have a shop do the head unit install- I'm currently considering the Pioneer SPH-DA120. I want an Apple CarPlay unit and was all excited about the Alpine ILX-007, until I realized there's no native Bluetooth functionality in that one. I'll take a look at that unit you recommended, though.

Thanks for the kind words about IR- that's how I ended up with a ZHP. I decided I had to have Imola Red, but I drove a couple of E46 M3s and honestly didn't like them- too stiff, shifter was too notchy, etc. I drove a local ZHP and it was just perfect, so I went looking for an IR manual transmission convertible. Little did I know at the time that only 190 were made (according to the production numbers thread). Talk about a unicorn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast