Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagn View Post
    Rental car? $200-$300/week and you dont have to worry about a thing.
    Lol I wish, I'm not 25, just off by a few years

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    If your u go back as far as an e28 or e34, count on every piece of rubber in that 25-30 year old car being dry rotted. Better idea, buy an early e46, you know how to work on it. Or an early e39 6 cylinder, same engine as a pre-facelift e46, you can work on that too.

Best bet, a 12-15 year old suburb awd sedan or wagon. They're dirt cheap, ugly, and will carry you for the summer, then sell after summer or retain for a winter beater.
    Yea that would make more sense I guess, I might even be able to do some good for an older e46 or e39 and add a little value to it(doubtless). We'll have to see when the time comes, I'm gonna talk to my brother about it and get his opinion on it too.

If you can find a mildly clean 3rd gen Toyota 4Runner I'd recommend that
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    If you can find a mildly clean 3rd gen Toyota 4Runner I'd recommend that
    I'll keep an eye out for one, thanks for the recommendation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

How much of the roads aren't paved? I would think most of them are. What if you just drive slowly on the non-paved roads?
    Are your lights ZKWs? If not, you can order a PA Soft module and enable all of your headlights to turn on with the high beam. I find this lighting setup more than sufficient for even the darkest roads.

I'm thinking buying a beater car defeats the purpose of having a summer job, but that's just me. Unless, of course, this job isn't because you need the money, but instead because you love doing it, in which case, have at a beater!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    I'll keep an eye out for one, thanks for the recommendation!

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/sale-vehicles/

+1 Obviously to that suggestion. Toyota Premium is a thing though so may not be in the true "beater" category. Plus they have a tendency to exhibit the same effects on your wallet as our other cars if you care about it enough.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

interesting. Der Rally ZHP. awesome!

i went camping with my family and the ZHP on a missions trip the summer before last, at a native reserve. this was in remote semi-northern ontario, and on the reserve, 90% of the roads are not paved. we mostly drove on the paved roads but one day we had to go way out to the other end of the reserve, and that meant crazy gravel/dirt roads. i had stock springs and dampers at the time, but even so, it was nerve-wracking. i drove SLOW, but never had any ground clearance issues, despite the huge rocks everywhere (it, of course, had just been grated...).

with that experience behind me, if i was going to do that again, i would either outfit the ZHP for that type of use, like you're thinking already - or buying a cheap SUV like others have mentioned. personally, i think outfitting the ZHP would be more fun and some of the mods will be useful later on:

- 16" wheels that clear 330i brakes, and tall tires - potentially winter tires as they won't wear that much in the summer on dirt - you could probably find these cheap used on craigslist.
    - upgrade your headlights with a TRS kit (if you've got ZKWs) or the ZKW-R lenses from TRS if you've got ALs (i have the former and have zero issues seeing at night - and i live in the sticks, where it's DARK at night). this will be awesome long-term for the ZHP.
    - get a clearbra or laminex kit for your car. this will be awesome long-term for the ZHP.
    - get a set of Ground Control coilover sleeves with long, stock-rate springs (8-9", if they fit), so you can raise the car up an inch. you can keep your konis, and when you're done, swap the springs out for something more road-worthy and then you have some height adjustability with the suspension.
    - mudflaps - heck yeah!

and, of course - we need pics of all of this. BMWs (thinking E30s here) can make awesome rally cars. why not?

peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    BMWs (thinking E30s here) can make awesome rally cars. why not?

Here is a good example of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HUKTi1vnzA

OP, do it!!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    How much of the roads aren't paved? I would think most of them are. What if you just drive slowly on the non-paved roads?
    Are your lights ZKWs? If not, you can order a PA Soft module and enable all of your headlights to turn on with the high beam. I find this lighting setup more than sufficient for even the darkest roads.

I'm thinking buying a beater car defeats the purpose of having a summer job, but that's just me. Unless, of course, this job isn't because you need the money, but instead because you love doing it, in which case, have at a beater!
    This is my first time hearing of this module and it sounds awesome, any idea on how expensive/ how the install process is? And I agree with the fact that buying a beater would practically cancel out any money id be making. I am doing it because I love the job but I also need the pay to keep me afloat(though it isn't a lot)

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    This is my first time hearing of this module and it sounds awesome, any idea on how expensive/ how the install process is?
    It is a coding tool which you can use to code your LCM module such that when you pull the high beam stalk, you would have the inner halogens on along with the bi-xenons on high beam (shutter pulled down) and you can have the fog lamps on as well. Also known as the 'trifecta' lights. Pretty bright in my opinion.

Tony sells the PA Soft tool here. Just look up the ZHP parts classifieds sub-forum.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast