Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    You can typically buy the special cable on ebay and it would ship with a DVD (or two) with all the software (NCS Expert, WinKFP, DIS etc etc). The DVD is setup such that when you run it, it installs and configures everything on your laptop (Windows based).

Then you can learn how to use NCS Expert via the various threads here and elsewhere on other forums.

Here is a decent getting started guide:
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ith-NCS-Expert

This is the seller I bought the cable from:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-OBD-...1/231931285961
    Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Thank you again!

No problems. I have very little coding knowledge and I am still learning. Others here (namely BP and Terra) are coding gurus. But if you have any beginner coding questions, post them in the coding section and we can try to help you out.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Tough call, will be interested to see what you decide

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Tough call, will be interested to see what you decide

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Haha me and you both

So, what're your guys opinions on a first gen dodge or chevy? I've always loved the boxy body styles, and I'm just hearing from more and more people not to get the jeep. Other suggestions have been a Bronco

Dude I think you are overthinking this. Just take the zhp and enjoy the camp. Get rides with the other people and drive it around and enjoy it on your off days. Take it into town and keep it classy.

It's the ultimate daily driver man. The unibody and suspension is tougher than you think. Make sure she's waxed up before you go and it'll be that much easier to wash off dust and all.

I'd go out and get rogue engineering rear strut mounts and the BMW front strut reinforcement plates. Install those and call it a day. But even that is countered with don't be an idiot and bomb down the roads.

I can't imagine the roads will be that bad if it's even close to being traveled regularly.

What doe it look like online or on google earth?

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Dude I think you are overthinking this. Just take the zhp and enjoy the camp. Get rides with the other people and drive it around and enjoy it on your off days. Take it into town and keep it classy.

It's the ultimate daily driver man. The unibody and suspension is tougher than you think. Make sure she's waxed up before you go and it'll be that much easier to wash off dust and all.

I'd go out and get rogue engineering rear strut mounts and the BMW front strut reinforcement plates. Install those and call it a day. But even that is countered with don't be an idiot and bomb down the roads.

I can't imagine the roads will be that bad if it's even close to being traveled regularly.

What doe it look like online or on google earth?
    If I find a good picture I'll post it in here. And I know that it's an awesome daily driver and I love it for that, I just don't want to sandblast the paintwork while I'm there. I'll look into those reinforcements. I just can't imagine her taking any of the potholes well, my ride around town is jerky and jarring as it is:/ I also don't want to be known as the kid that brings his BMW into camp if that makes sense lol, like I personally know it's not a big deal but I know other people don't think the same way I do haha.
    Overall I'd much prefer to do the reinforcements and put the miles on her, but if it's going to cost me the price of a used truck then that's where I'm iffy.
    Thanks for the input!

Screw what other people think. Drive slowly over crappy areas and just enjoy the car everywhere else.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Screw what other people think. Drive slowly over crappy areas and just enjoy the car everywhere else.
    +1!!!

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Hahaha well put, I can see myself leaning that way more and more. Any other recommendations on how to prepare the ZHP then?
    So far I've got clear bra, reinforced sway bar brackets, (sub frame reinforcement?), lighting codes, skid plate

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast