Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Hahaha well put, I can see myself leaning that way more and more. Any other recommendations on how to prepare the ZHP then?
    So far I've got clear bra, reinforced sway bar brackets, (sub frame reinforcement?), lighting codes, skid plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you are on stock wheels then downsizing to 17" would help if funds allow it...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    If you are on stock wheels then downsizing to 17" would help if funds allow it...

Good point, I'd probably opt for some steelies either way, hopefully can get a used set already wrapped with tires

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

If you're not driving over these crappy roads every single day, I would recommend spraying the areas prone to rock chips with PlastiDip. That way, you can nice temporary protection. I would spray the area behind each wheel. You shouldn't have to worry about rock chips in the front if nobody is going to be driving in front of you. PD is cheap, so you can buy a couple of cans and lay it on nice and thick.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    If you're not driving over these crappy roads every single day, I would recommend spraying the areas prone to rock chips with PlastiDip. That way, you can nice temporary protection. I would spray the area behind each wheel. You shouldn't have to worry about rock chips in the front if nobody is going to be driving in front of you. PD is cheap, so you can buy a couple of cans and lay it on nice and thick.
    lol I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correct, but just spraying PD over my paint in prone areas? Seems like it could work utilitarian style but I don't see myself spraying the paintwork

lol I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correct, but just spraying PD over my paint in prone areas? Seems like it could work utilitarian style but I don't see myself spraying the paintwork

The beauty of PlastiDip is that it's totally removable by just peeling it up. It's a flexible rubberized material. The thicker you spray it, the easier it is to remove! Just make sure the paint to be sprayed is clean prior to application. Trust me, it's totally safe for your paint.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The beauty of PlastiDip is that it's totally removable by just peeling it up. It's a flexible rubberized material. The thicker you spray it, the easier it is to remove! Just make sure the paint to be sprayed is clean prior to application. Trust me, it's totally safe for your paint.
    Wow really? I may end up doing that, definitely cheaper than the clear bra lol

Maybe start off running a lightly "enhanced" ZHP, with cash in reserve for that beater in case you have to change your plans.

I think if I were using a beater for that run, I would still make a few trips in the ZHP just for the fun of it
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Maybe start off running a lightly "enhanced" ZHP, with cash in reserve for that beater in case you have to change your plans.

I think if I were using a beater for that run, I would still make a few trips in the ZHP just for the fun of it
    That's why I really want to take it, I love putting miles on! And what do you mean by enhanced?

And what do you mean by enhanced?
    I dunno, like pick from the substantial list of mods that have been discussed here and pick a handful that make the most sense to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    I dunno, like pick from the substantial list of mods that have been discussed here and pick a handful that make the most sense to you.
    Oh haha I gotcha, there's already a pretty good amount of mods done to it prior to my purchase, everything that I would have done to it had already been done

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast