Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Adventures of Titanium Silver e46 330Ci ZHP

Since my beloved e39 got a new owner, I want to introduce my new toy.

After having few ZHP's I knew what I wanted. 2 doors and third pedal.

Well, I found one. California car that came off lease in 2008 when the last owner bought it.
    2005, TiAg with Black leather interior. Has 98k miles currently.

I like having my car in certain way and condition so I jumped on refreshing this ZHP.

Pile of new parts from RMeuropean.

Pile of old parts. Overhauled cooling system (water pump, tstat, expansion tank, hoses...), replaced control arm bushings, sway bar links and sway bar bushings, replaced belts, pulleys and tensioners, engine air filter and cabin filter, upper intake boot...

Oil change with my favorite oil.

Pretty clean under, no oil leaks.

New leather cover for arm rest.

Got used rear view mirror with auto dim.

Installed Eonon GA 6150 unit that I'm still tweaking.

Also replaced wipers with Bosch blades that come with the plastic spoiler.

Did the airbag recall on Monday.

I'm expecting in mail new BMW Performance grilles, wheel spacers, Vanos from Dr Vanos, NGK spark plugs, car cover, floor mats...

Since I will be most likely going back to Europe for the time being, my plan is to take this ZHP with me and have it ready to ship in 2 weeks.

I'm still thinking if I should replace struts and shocks. Don't have any obvious problems but they do have 98k miles. For now I'm getting 4 new tires.

Future plan is to get M3 seats or maybe regular sport ones with lumbar in some fun color, like NB or cinnamon.

Better pictures to come!
    Last edited by Sreten; 10-02-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Wow, you really plowed through a lot of maintenance. Why are you headed to Europe, if you don't mind my asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Since my beloved e39 got a new owner, I want to introduce my new toy.

After having few ZHP's I knew what I wanted. 2 doors and third pedal.

Well, I found one. California car that came off lease in 2008 when the last owner bought it.
    2005, TiAg with Black leather interior. Has 98k miles currently.

I like having my car in certain way and condition so I jumped on refreshing this ZHP.

Pile of new parts from RMeuropean.

Pile of old parts. Overhauled cooling system (water pump, tstat, expansion tank, hoses...), replaced control arm bushings, sway bar links and sway bar bushings, replaced belts, pulleys and tensioners, engine air filter and cabin filter, upper intake boot...

Oil change with my favorite oil.

Pretty clean under, no oil leaks.

New leather cover for arm rest.

Got used rear view mirror with auto dim.

Installed Eonon GA 6150 unit that I'm still tweaking.

Also replaced wipers with Bosch blades that come with the plastic spoiler.

Did the airbag recall on Monday.

I'm expecting in mail new BMW Performance grilles, wheel spacers, Vanos from Dr Vanos, NGK spark plugs, car cover, floor mats...

Since I will be most likely going back to Europe for the time being, my plan is to take this ZHP with me and have it ready to ship in 2 weeks.

I'm still thinking if I should replace struts and shocks. Don't have any obvious problems but they do have 98k miles. For now I'm getting 4 new tires.

Future plan is to get M3 seats or maybe regular sport ones with lumbar in some fun color, like NB or cinnamon.

Better pictures to come!
    Great job! I chose to keep two.... an 04 and 06. I'm interested in the head unit you chose and any feedback. Does that spoiler on the Bosch wipers work well highway speed? I never researched it much, but I noticed my wipers leave a patch right in the middle. Also, where'd you source the armrest cover? How "fun" was install? You've inspired me to keep pushing on mine!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

06 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, silver cube, alcantara
    04 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, black cube, leather

Going to do a lot more.

I'm originally from Europe. I've been in California for the last 4 years and something and I absolutely love it here.
    Girlfriend studies in Germany so that's the main reason for going back.

You can read more here about the unit - http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...086#post516086
    I will post more details as I use it.

Decided to go with Bosch cause I know they are quality wipers. Car came with aftermarket wipers, also Bosch, call me crazy but I wanted to keep OE look with spoiler. Haven't tested they under the rain yet but they don't leave smears for now.

Link for the wipers - http://www.ebay.com/itm/351596274837...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Armrest cover was very fun indeed. I managed to get the leather cover on the armrest somehow. Installing it back in the car is where I wanted to throw it into the ocean. The damn thing just wouldn't close. Latch wasn't catching so I had to readjust whole thing more then few times until I got it right.

Link for cover - http://www.ebay.com/itm/181259190124...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now I really have a bug in me to jump on this, Corsa TSE - https://www.amazon.com/CORSA-14559-A...E4725FPZTS48TY

Light version. Don't want to go too crazy, just want to open it up and get a bit more throaty sound.

What do you guys think?

I think that you are doing a great job. Congrats !

very cool - interested in seeing a ZHP go back to it's homeland! it would be awesome if you document the story.

re: the seats - M3 with heat, lumbar and bolster adjustment, no question about it. they are simply awesome and superior to the stock sport seats in every way (except being 'less sporty', LOL).

and congrats on the car! i LOVE TiAg...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    re: the seats - M3 with heat, lumbar and bolster adjustment, no question about it. they are simply awesome and superior to the stock sport seats in every way (except being 'less sporty', LOL).
    I have M3 seats in my car (thanks to Slater) and it is by far the best mod...followed by the M3 steering wheel (with paddle shifters).
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Going to do a lot more.

I'm originally from Europe. I've been in California for the last 4 years and something and I absolutely love it here.
    Girlfriend studies in Germany so that's the main reason for going back.

You can read more here about the unit - http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...086#post516086
    I will post more details as I use it.

Decided to go with Bosch cause I know they are quality wipers. Car came with aftermarket wipers, also Bosch, call me crazy but I wanted to keep OE look with spoiler. Haven't tested they under the rain yet but they don't leave smears for now.

Link for the wipers - http://www.ebay.com/itm/351596274837...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Armrest cover was very fun indeed. I managed to get the leather cover on the armrest somehow. Installing it back in the car is where I wanted to throw it into the ocean. The damn thing just wouldn't close. Latch wasn't catching so I had to readjust whole thing more then few times until I got it right.

Link for cover - http://www.ebay.com/itm/181259190124...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now I really have a bug in me to jump on this, Corsa TSE - https://www.amazon.com/CORSA-14559-A...E4725FPZTS48TY

Light version. Don't want to go too crazy, just want to open it up and get a bit more throaty sound.

What do you guys think?
    I have the cat back corsa exhaust and I love it! Don't know how the axle back sounds but if few extra $$$ is not an issue then I would buy the car back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Awesome work! I'm excited to see it go back to Deutschland and visit it's birthplace. Should be an emotional moment for the hunk of metal.

I can also vouch for the M3 seats -- I sat down in Peter's car last weekend and yelped STRANGER DANGER because someone was squeezing my sides. Those adjustable bolsters ain't no joke.

Now if only I can get my hands on an Alcantara set...

very cool - interested in seeing a ZHP go back to it's homeland! it would be awesome if you document the story.

and congrats on the car! i LOVE TiAg...
    +1

I love my M3 seats, definitely worth it IMO.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast