Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    LOL. actually if i have it shipped to my package holding place in NY (right near where you and spenser crossed the border), shipping is free.... i just have to pay tax + duty when i bring it in. which... basically ends up around $1500CAD. i found it for sale in canada for $1712CAD delivered to my door here (that includes our crazy 13% tax). so if i pick it up myself, is the time and gas worth ~$200?

i do want one. bad.
    http://www.quickjacklift.ca/

C$1529 to your door

I'd call them and/or the US site and ask about the sale pricing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    http://www.quickjacklift.ca/

C$1529 to your door

I'd call them and/or the US site and ask about the sale pricing, though.
    yep, that was the site - but that price doesn't include tax ($183CAD). good point on the sale pricing - i will call!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

you know, i would love to see a 5-year breakdown on this versus buying a new camry. in the 3 years i have owned my ZHP, i have spent about $15K on it (including the purchase price), with a predicted $1K per year in maintenance per year over the next 2 years. that's $17K (CAD no less! that's almost free in USD!) over 5 years - half the price of a new car, with much higher driving enjoyment (clearly not anything quantifiable on a spreadsheet).

good financial decision? heck yeah.
    Why compare to a new Camry? Why not compare against one with similar age and miles?
    While there is no doubt that driving enjoyment is higher and as you said unquantifiable, it is certainly not as economical.
    Is there a car that can offer more fun at this price point? Maybe not
    Is there a more economical way of commuting? Yes
    But a car isn't just for commuting for us, it's much more. At least that's what I tell myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Why compare to a new Camry? Why not compare against one with similar age and miles?
    While there is no doubt that driving enjoyment is higher and as you said unquantifiable, it is certainly not as economical.
    Is there a car that can offer more fun at this price point? Maybe not
    Is there a more economical way of commuting? Yes
    But a car isn't just for commuting for us, it's much more. At least that's what I tell myself
    exactly. which is why it's silly to even have this discussion.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I dunno, the ZHP fun factor is pretty quantifiable. I think the going rate is 2.7 GTIs, and about 12.4 Camrys to the ZHP. I'd launch 11.4 of them off of a bridge and donate the last one to someone who needs it.

I think we can bring the ratio down for the Camry. Put some coilovers on, and some reverse-staggered wheels/tires to reduce the understeer. Though with 268 horses on tap, you might be entering ZHP slayer territory.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I dunno, the ZHP fun factor is pretty quantifiable. I think the going rate is 2.7 GTIs, and about 12.4 Camrys to the ZHP. I'd launch 11.4 of them off of a bridge and donate the last one to someone who needs it.
    We have 2 (2014, 2016) Camrys at work. They are absolutely horrible. I've logged 15k miles or more in them over the last 8 months and I literally don't have a single good thing to say. I would rather drive a late-90s Honda Civic.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Alright boiiiis I grabbed some pics and measurements earlier. I only had a 20 minute window, but I managed to get the car up, take these pics, pull all four wheels, swap the spacers front to rear, torque everything down, and drive it out of the garage. Mission was accomplished, but it looks like I didn't get all of the pictures that I was after. Here is what I have:

Lift collapsed under the frame rail. Tons of clearance with the car on stock suspension/tire sizes. Should be fine for nearly any lowered zhp.

The lift comes with 8 rubber blocks. 4 large, 4 small. I used the large block in the front:

And the large block with a piece of 1x4 in the rear:

You'll notice that the blocks are about 1-2 inches shy of fully covering the jack pads. Such is life with the 3500 model. Doesn't bother me, though. Just takes some care with positioning.

Here's my comparison photo showing how high you would have to set a jack stand to get the same height as the lift in the high position:

And with that I found a nice method for positioning a jack stand as a safety in case the locking arm fails:

I measured at the fender peak and got just over 13" height increase. This confirms that the claimed 20" of lift is measuring from the floor, so the rack with both blocks (large/small) stacked at each corner will be 7" high and raise up 13" from that point.

So you could always drive up on some boards and stack blocks of wood with the rubber blocks to get more height. I'm very happy with the height as it was tonight, though. Hopefully I'll get some time under it this weekend to have a better feel for it.

exactly. which is why it's silly to even have this discussion.
    Hey I'm not the one who brought the Camry into this discussion haha

Yup agree, it's a silly discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast