Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: ZHPizza's red car

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    Letís see a pic of the e85 wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As you wish...

It's the smallest diameter wheel that you can get that retains functional radio controls. You lose cruise control unless you also install the Z4 cruise stalk. I don't use cruise so I didn't bother with it. The thickness is about the same as the OE ZHP/M3 wheel once you add a wrap. I want to add another layer though so it's fat af like my M3 wheel below in the comparison shots.

Also I didn't expect it to match anything but the dark grey trim is actually a perfect match for the gauge rings on the ZHP instrument cluster. I mean I meant to do that?

Now let's see a pic of the rear subframe attached to the car.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Now let's see a pic of the rear subframe attached to the car.
    Hah! You wish.

Hopefully by next weekend. I'm done with the RACP brace, and got the driveshaft in tonight. Making progress now at least.

Fun thread, always something interesting going on here. Curious about your selection of the Zimmemann cross drilled rotors. Any particular reason you selected them? Are you happy with them? I went with StopTech because they have black coated hats and I run my car through winter in the northeast. The coating held up well through winter one. We'll see how they look this spring. I feel the braking performance is on par with OEM rotors, although the only real way to know performance would be 70-0 stop distance testing. I don't do autocross, just street driving.

2005 330ci ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by E46Fan View Post
    Fun thread, always something interesting going on here. Curious about your selection of the Zimmemann cross drilled rotors. Any particular reason you selected them? Are you happy with them? I went with StopTech because they have black coated hats and I run my car through winter in the northeast. The coating held up well through winter one. We'll see how they look this spring. I feel the braking performance is on par with OEM rotors, although the only real way to know performance would be 70-0 stop distance testing. I don't do autocross, just street driving.
    I went with the Zimmerman since they're supposedly the same as OE blanks and were fully zinc plated. I haven't been happy with the feel of my brakes, but I changed several factors at the same time:

Zimmerman CD Rotors
    PFC Z Rated Pads
    Centric Rebuilt Calipers
    Endless RF650 Fluid

The performance has been good when I really bear down on it, but the pedal feel is soft no matter how much I bleed them. I'm hoping it's due to the cheap rubber guides on the Centric calipers and it'll be right with some brass bushings.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364