Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
    Lol, I'm just picturing you working on the car while the wife is frantically packing

Hope your new place has a larger garage? Post some pics!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Good job, man! And welcome back.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    lol nice work and commentary. I'm reading it like it was me that did the work since it's like how I would describe shit

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Purdy headers ya got there

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    That's some seriously awesome work on your headers and exhaust. Looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
    Looks good! I'm sure the performance gain is worth the struggle. I went through numerous similar issues when I was trying to fit up CX racing headers to my LS1 in my E36. Lots of missing parts of the T56 and dents in the headers by the time I was done.

Props on teaching yourself stick welding first- makes it easier to learn TIG for sure. I learned MIG first, then did a tiny bit of stick, then back to a lot of MIG, then learned TIG last year at a class at a vocational school.

Any pictures of the bay? Would like to see what it looks like with the SAP delete and washer fluid tank moved. I think I bought the same tank for my LS1 E36 and mounted it in the trunk above the battery. Never had any issues with the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Lol, I'm just picturing you working on the car while the wife is frantically packing

Hope your new place has a larger garage? Post some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Good job, man! And welcome back.
    Thanks guys! Definitely not worth it lol. Should have either stuck with eBay headers and bolted on the Borla, or bought the full Schmiedmann exhaust. I didn't do the latter because I read some reports that the midpipes would need to be cut/welded/extended to fit around the 6spd tranny and I wanted to avoid that headache...and here we are.

The goal was to keep the project as simple as possible, so when welding became unavoidable I got a cheap little stick welder on Amazon, thinking that it offered the best mix between the startup cost and flexibility for future projects. I was also able to weld stainless filler with it, which I don't know that you can properly do with mig, and obviously wasn't about to pony up for tig.

I'll try to grab a pic of the bay the next time I see the car. After the move, I signed the title over to my father and parked it at his house. We do have a larger garage but still no room for it at the new spot and the wife is adamant that it's not returning due to the absurd amount of time I poured into this thing over the years, with the cherry on top being this massive project when I should have been prepping to move.

@slater knows the situation very well

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Thanks guys! Definitely not worth it lol. Should have either stuck with eBay headers and bolted on the Borla, or bought the full Schmiedmann exhaust. I didn't do the latter because I read some reports that the midpipes would need to be cut/welded/extended to fit around the 6spd tranny and I wanted to avoid that headache...and here we are.

The goal was to keep the project as simple as possible, so when welding became unavoidable I got a cheap little stick welder on Amazon, thinking that it offered the best mix between the startup cost and flexibility for future projects. I was also able to weld stainless filler with it, which I don't know that you can properly do with mig, and obviously wasn't about to pony up for tig.

I'll try to grab a pic of the bay the next time I see the car. After the move, I signed the title over to my father and parked it at his house. We do have a larger garage but still no room for it at the new spot and the wife is adamant that it's not returning due to the absurd amount of time I poured into this thing over the years, with the cherry on top being this massive project when I should have been prepping to move.

Where is @704sw at, in all of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

This thread is alive, so is the pizza men!
    Amazing work and dedication.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Where is @704sw at, in all of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Being a deadbeat dad somewhere. Went out for cigarettes a few years ago and haven't seen him since.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    This thread is alive, so is the pizza men!
    Amazing work and dedication.

WHAT IF WE LIVED IN THE SAME CITY AND NEVER HUNG OUT LMAO

@squashman702 I picked up the car tonight and grabbed some bay pics 4 u. Look at all that room for activities!

hoooooooo boy, yes i do. we are cut from the same cloth.

fortunately, after 5 years, lots of self-growth and marriage repair, things are better. and i know not to that kinda thing anymore.

(just catchin' up here - laughed along with the "so i bought a welder" bit, because, LOL, i did the EXACT SAME THING a few years ago)
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Great updates! I read it with the Benny Hill music in the background. lol.

Being a deadbeat dad somewhere. Went out for cigarettes a few years ago and haven't seen him since. WHAT IF WE LIVED IN THE SAME CITY AND NEVER HUNG OUT LMAO

@squashman702 I picked up the car tonight and grabbed some bay pics 4 u. Look at all that room for activities!

Great update and love how clean and roomy the engine bay looks with all the mods.
    Note about handing out in the same city is taken-)))

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172