Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Keeping it rolling with new side markers and a deep cleaning of the very sticky steering wheel:

BINGO

BANGO
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 01-27-2017 at 12:23 PM.

At this point I'm still leaning towards flipping it for a quick profit...but then I took it on a day trip to Grandfather Mountain.

AND THAT WAS FUN AS HELL

*is seeing the original a sig pic like when you hear the title spoken in the movie that you're watching?

Gaps are fine between the trunk lid and quarters? There is a vin sticker for the car behind the license plate fyi.
    Also the rear shocks can be put back into the original position if they are fully compressed in the accident.

Also think of Imola this way. It is a color inspired by the F1 track in San Marino and was only offered on the "M" cars. Not your run of the mill color that was standard on all e46 cars. It is something special.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Ok it's fun, but every now and then it stumbles on startup. Let's clean that ICV...

Oh come on. What the hell is this?

No worries. I'll just use a flathead in this groove that someone made and SON OF A

Ok let's use the impact driver OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

It's okay...everything is okay...we have other tools that we can employ...

LIKE A POWER DRILL, YOU LITTLE SHIT

HAH! SUCK ON THAT!

In the end I did some professional work of fastening the ICV in place with the remaining bolts, giving it a wiggle, and saying "ehh it'll be fine." Something something trust me I'm an engineer something.

LOl you have the right frame of mind for working on these cars...

FYI, if you get rid of it, yer always going to want another... Been there...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    blue car's VIN ends in PD99515. pretty close to that one! yours is a tiny bit older. and it's a 1/05 build, so it has the factory RACP reinforcement piece. sweet.
    Nice! I was wondering about that. Really didn't want to go through the effort of subframe reinforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Gaps are fine between the trunk lid and quarters? There is a vin sticker for the car behind the license plate fyi.
    Also the rear shocks can be put back into the original position if they are fully compressed in the accident.
    Gaps look great to me. I adjusted the hood a bit, but it looks like whoever did the repairs did a great job.

I don't recall if there was a sticker behind the plate or not. I'll have to check on that. Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Also think of Imola this way. It is a color inspired by the F1 track in San Marino and was only offered on the "M" cars. Not your run of the mill color that was standard on all e46 cars. It is something special.
    Yep -- I've always been a grey car guy, but knowing that the color is rare makes me like it. I like the exclusivity without it being stupid rare like that obnoxious blue car down the road.
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 01-27-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I like the exclusivity without it being stupid rare like that obnoxious blue car down the road.

I know right.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-report-finds/

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    LOl you have the right frame of mind for working on these cars...

FYI, if you get rid of it, yer always going to want another... Been there...
    Yep, this is my second ZHP. I've settled on the fact that I'll always have one.

I had dreams about the last one for two years.

For real.

Like, the gf was concerned.

Back to work! Time to fix some rear bumper sag.

Oh look at that. The bumper shock was full of poop.

I didn't know what the hell to do with that, so I just got it cleaned up and covered everything in oil to keep it from rusting...or pooping...whatever that was.

Before:

Stuff bracket with sound deadener because it was sticky and within reach:

And fini:

Also hit the diffuser with some Dlux while I had it out. Don't have a before shot, but that line tells the whole story.

And the result:

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast