Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Ayyy fam we still rollin with this high mileage maintenance gettin TuRNt in the garage

Finally dove into that OFHG mess. Woof.

A little soapy water and sore fingers from digging into those cooling vanes...

GOOD ENOUGH

The gasket was in one piece and came out without much of a fuss. Just stiff/compressed.

I had no trouble getting the alternator back in once I realized that the bitch bolt went into a brass bushing of sorts.

Just threaded the bolt in a bit and gave it some love taps with a hammer. No problem aligning it with the extra space.

Oh and I found a good use for the drug bin...

UNDER THE HOOD TUNES YO

@BMWCurves here's the track that was playing on loop all weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HO62Hmkg4

That ish is 🔥🔥🔥
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 03-21-2017 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Ayyy fam we still rollin with this high mileage maintenance gettin TuRNt in the garage

Finally dove into that OFHG mess. Woof.

A little soapy water and sore fingers from digging into those cooling vanes...

GOOD ENOUGH

The gasket was in one piece and came out without much of a fuss. Just stiff and unyielding.

I had no trouble getting the alternator back in once I realized that the bitch bolt went into a brass bushing of sorts.

Just threaded the bolt in a bit and gave it some love taps with a hammer. No problem aligning it with the extra space.

Oh and I found a good use for the drug bin...

UNDER THE HOOD TUNES YO

@BMWCurves here's the track that playing on loop all weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HO62Hmkg4

That ish is ������
    CLASSIC GUCCI

EDIT: BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

...oh, and I guess nice work on the OFHG
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 03-21-2017 at 05:21 AM.

awesome work, man! that OFHG before/after cleaning shot looks very familiar... i've got a few pics like that.

yep, i didn't find any issues with the alternator bolts either. easy breezy.

and LOL @ the 'under the hood tunes' - love it. we listen to some very different music.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Good work

It's too bad nobody makes a high quality OFHG that lasts longer than 30K miles.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Good work

It's too bad nobody makes a high quality OFHG that lasts longer than 30K miles.
    Is that really how long they last? I haven't seen any leakage in my car

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Is that really how long they last? I haven't seen any leakage in my car
    +1

Mine started to leak now at 138k miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

ZHPizza's red car

Well in my ZHP it was exactly at 30K. I did it at 100K and at 130K right before I sold it.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Figured I would share this deal in case anyone else was looking for tires. Great deal, but ends today, so you best be ready to sling some plastic...

https://slickdeals.net/f/9849404-dis...archBarV2Algo1

I used it to grab a set of 235/40-18 Cooper Zeon RS3-G1's for the 18x9 wheels that I picked up a while back. Total was $576 shipped w/ an additional $100 mail in rebate from Cooper.

To answer your questions:

LOL Cooper WTF bro?!?!
    I've been reading about how much people love their RS3 series tires for a while and this new G1 is supposed to be top shelf. Couldn't pass up the deal for a set under $500 with a 50k mile warranty.

All seasons? More like NO SEASONS LOL!!!
    I was planning on going with true summer tires (PSS, duh), but I realized that summer tires would be an issue with me taking this car to the mountains every weekend for trips. If I have to park in a muddy lot or off the side of the road near a trailhead, all-seasons will be much better at getting out of there. Another good example was a few weeks ago when it was 75F in Charlotte, so we decided to run up to our favorite section of the AT where it was 25 freakin degrees. I was wearing shorts too! Summer tires no likey.

235's on a 9" wheel LOL HELLAFLUSH STRETCH BRO
    Seems small, I know, but section width isn't what is going to determine stretch. These tires have a wide, square tread similar to the PSS (tread width on the 235 = 8.5in). It'll be just a bit of a stretch, which I prefer for cornering sidewall stability.

Track day bro. Hoosiers bro.
    Maybe one day, bruh. I need these for DD duties tho.

Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast