Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    Let’s see a pic of the e85 wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As you wish...

It's the smallest diameter wheel that you can get that retains functional radio controls. You lose cruise control unless you also install the Z4 cruise stalk. I don't use cruise so I didn't bother with it. The thickness is about the same as the OE ZHP/M3 wheel once you add a wrap. I want to add another layer though so it's fat af like my M3 wheel below in the comparison shots.

Also I didn't expect it to match anything but the dark grey trim is actually a perfect match for the gauge rings on the ZHP instrument cluster. I mean I meant to do that?

Now let's see a pic of the rear subframe attached to the car.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Now let's see a pic of the rear subframe attached to the car.
    Hah! You wish.

Hopefully by next weekend. I'm done with the RACP brace, and got the driveshaft in tonight. Making progress now at least.

Fun thread, always something interesting going on here. Curious about your selection of the Zimmemann cross drilled rotors. Any particular reason you selected them? Are you happy with them? I went with StopTech because they have black coated hats and I run my car through winter in the northeast. The coating held up well through winter one. We'll see how they look this spring. I feel the braking performance is on par with OEM rotors, although the only real way to know performance would be 70-0 stop distance testing. I don't do autocross, just street driving.

2005 330ci ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by E46Fan View Post
    Fun thread, always something interesting going on here. Curious about your selection of the Zimmemann cross drilled rotors. Any particular reason you selected them? Are you happy with them? I went with StopTech because they have black coated hats and I run my car through winter in the northeast. The coating held up well through winter one. We'll see how they look this spring. I feel the braking performance is on par with OEM rotors, although the only real way to know performance would be 70-0 stop distance testing. I don't do autocross, just street driving.
    I went with the Zimmerman since they're supposedly the same as OE blanks and were fully zinc plated. I haven't been happy with the feel of my brakes, but I changed several factors at the same time:

Zimmerman CD Rotors
    PFC Z Rated Pads
    Centric Rebuilt Calipers
    Endless RF650 Fluid

The performance has been good when I really bear down on it, but the pedal feel is soft no matter how much I bleed them. I'm hoping it's due to the cheap rubber guides on the Centric calipers and it'll be right with some brass bushings.

When did you remove those Moog spherical RTABs in your car? They're not listed on that recent list you put up, only the Z4M ones. Was the crashing you talked about just too much?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    When did you remove those Moog spherical RTABs in your car? They're not listed on that recent list you put up, only the Z4M ones. Was the crashing you talked about just too much?
    Looks like I swapped them out for the stiffer OE RTABS (Z4M spec) and limiters in Nov 2018, 11k miles ago. Funny enough it was shortly after a track day where I was like "don't need no LSD this shit is planted." The crashing, albeit like one in every 15 impacts, was driving me crazy on the street and made me change back to rubber, but I've been thinking about that planted rear end for 2 years since. I just finished really locking down the whole rear -- subframe mount to chassis rail brackets, RACP X-brace, solid subframe bushings, even a helical LSD and guess what? Rear end still feels fucking sloppy.

I bought some Bimmerworld RTABearings while they were on sale and am going to try them out, but I don't suspect they'll be any different from the Moog's other than easier to install.

Now you know I'm not one to compromise on NVH (I'ma lil bitch boy), but I think the RTABearings are actually worth it.

As a test, I filled the body cavity around the left RTAB pocket with expanding pillar foam. We'll see if that dampens the crashing or if I grew a pair since 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I went with the Zimmerman since they're supposedly the same as OE blanks and were fully zinc plated. I haven't been happy with the feel of my brakes, but I changed several factors at the same time:

Zimmerman CD Rotors
    PFC Z Rated Pads
    Centric Rebuilt Calipers
    Endless RF650 Fluid

The performance has been good when I really bear down on it, but the pedal feel is soft no matter how much I bleed them. I'm hoping it's due to the cheap rubber guides on the Centric calipers and it'll be right with some brass bushings.
    Quoting myself to update this post too. I installed ECS's bronze caliper bushings the other day and it finally gave me the firm pedal that I'd been chasing. Pro tip: rebuild your own calipers instead of buying some shit rebuilds from Centric (or anyone else). They use the cheapest, softest excuses for rubber guides that I've ever seen and it had me thinking there was air in my lines and needlessly flushing expensive fluid through them for the past year.

Looks like I swapped them out for the stiffer OE RTABS (Z4M spec) and limiters in Nov 2018, 11k miles ago. Funny enough it was shortly after a track day where I was like "don't need no LSD this shit is planted." The crashing, albeit like one in every 15 impacts, was driving me crazy on the street and made me change back to rubber, but I've been thinking about that planted rear end for 2 years since. I just finished really locking down the whole rear -- subframe mount to chassis rail brackets, RACP X-brace, solid subframe bushings, even a helical LSD and guess what? Rear end still feels fucking sloppy.

I bought some Bimmerworld RTABearings while they were on sale and am going to try them out, but I don't suspect they'll be any different from the Moog's other than easier to install.

Now you know I'm not one to compromise on NVH (I'ma lil bitch boy), but I think the RTABearings are actually worth it.

As a test, I filled the body cavity around the left RTAB pocket with expanding pillar foam. We'll see if that dampens the crashing or if I grew a pair since 2018.

Quoting myself to update this post too. I installed ECS's bronze caliper bushings the other day and it finally gave me the firm pedal that I'd been chasing. Pro tip: rebuild your own calipers instead of buying some shit rebuilds from Centric (or anyone else). They use the cheapest, softest excuses for rubber guides that I've ever seen and it had me thinking there was air in my lines and needlessly flushing expensive fluid through them for the past year.
    Good to know. What else would be needed for a caliper rebuild? I'm starting to suspect mine are sticking as I'm getting this whooshing sound at low speeds.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Solid tranny mounts when?
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I look forward to your reporting back in wild jubilation with the return of the BW RTABs, or potential disappointment. Whichever, I enjoy your chaotic updates either way.

Also, when you do two things at once you literally smooth the wrinkles in my brain, muddying the waters for understanding the *fingers crossed* improved crashing; will it have been the foam or are the BW RTABs just somehow better? Your mockery of the scientific process accelerates the universe towards its inevitable heat death, you chaotic goof.

Was your pedal feel really mushy before? Can you describe the difference now? There was definitely a change for me just swapping from BMW pads to Hawk pads, but the feel was linear and none-too-mushy. Which reminds me, I need to go bed my brakes again since I got the new rear rotors. Is there a good way to do that without looking like a maniac at 2 AM accelerating and slamming on the brakes like I've got bees in my undergarments?

Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast