Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Damn...5 lbs? What's it running on, lithium-cardboard?
    Lol!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Today's theme is CLEAR COAT

Cleared some M3 mirrors and bases that I spent 6 weeks prepping and painted last week:

Now I'm using the rest of the can to repair two spots where I have some bad clear coat peel:

A year of wearing a mask makes this respirator a piece of cake

I'm still waiting to hear how you swung using the bathtub for wetsanding

Paint looks good tho! That 2K spraymax stuff is the bomb, so much better than that acrylic stuff. But yeah the importance of a good respirator with 2K cannot be understated
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Excited to see how this turns out, I've got a spot of missing clear coat on my quarter panel as well that I've been wanting to address.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear how you swung using the bathtub for wetsanding

Paint looks good tho! That 2K spraymax stuff is the bomb, so much better than that acrylic stuff. But yeah the importance of a good respirator with 2K cannot be understated
    Dude the tub rinsed clean!

2k is truly amazing at making a shitty paint job shine
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Excited to see how this turns out, I've got a spot of missing clear coat on my quarter panel as well that I've been wanting to address.
    I have a bottle of 1 part clear coat touch up you can try. I'm wishing I had done that for the small spot on my fender because I kept sanding through the base trying to feather the edge down and didn't have any base coat left to spray so I used Dr colorchip, which is definitely not a good match to imola.
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Those M3 side mirrors turned out stunning!
    Yeah they look good from 10+ft away lol

I wasn't about to play any games with the 2k fumes so I painted outside on a windy day and they clear is slam full of debris.

Whatever, they're shiny.

Sounds like my headlights, get right up to them and there are a few fly carcass mummified in there

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing everything completed... I'm looking to paint out a new side skirt and do my M3 side mirrors as well. Would love to hear your thoughts on using the 2k clear as I have been looking to get some for my upcoming painting project...

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Sounds like my headlights, get right up to them and there are a few fly carcass mummified in there

I can't remember did you wetsand/polish after? I went stupid heavy on my last two coats on the mirrors so I would have enough thickness to sand out some of the crap and polish them back to shiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing everything completed... I'm looking to paint out a new side skirt and do my M3 side mirrors as well. Would love to hear your thoughts on using the 2k clear as I have been looking to get some for my upcoming painting project...
    The 2k is truly amazing. I probably watched this video a dozen times to prepare and it played out exactly as he described: first light coat meh. Second light coat still meh. Third coat a little heavier and BAM. Perfect gloss. I ended up with some orange peel but still less than any new BMW off the production line.

https://youtu.be/syXl6fvlXTQ

The only drawback is how god awful it is for your health. Full respirator and plenty of ventilation are key!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I can't remember did you wetsand/polish after?

The only drawback is how god awful it is for your health. Full respirator and plenty of ventilation are key!
    No, that was the original plan but I never actually got around to doing it. I'm the same - since the can goes bad after 48 hours and I only had 2 sets of headlights to do, each of them got 4 heavy coats, so I have plenty of clear on them if I want to.

I was actually thinking about how bad it was for your health after this Donut Media video was posted to reddit, and everyone was up in arms about it. But for good reason, I have my own respirator with P100 cartridges that came in handy for this job

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast