Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    So I guess the 5000/7000 are a little wider. BUT nothing is stopping you from stacking some cut 2x4's in there for extra lift. I'll try to grab some pictures tonight:

1. Pic of collapsed lift under frame rail to show clearance
    2. Pics of contact between lifting blocks/jack pads
    3. Stack a bunch of shit in the trays and see how high you can make it go
    4. More! Higher!
    5. Cleaning up ATF after I push it too far and blow a hose
    6. Screenshot of conversation with QuickJack warranty department claiming that it failed under normal operation and how dare you accuse me of misuse!

Anything else?

rock. thanks dude. i'm reeeeeeal close to ordering some o' these bad boys....

peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

From their FAQ:

So I guess the 5000/7000 are a little wider. BUT nothing is stopping you from stacking some cut 2x4's in there for extra lift. I'll try to grab some pictures tonight:

1. Pic of collapsed lift under frame rail to show clearance
    2. Pics of contact between lifting blocks/jack pads
    3. Stack a bunch of shit in the trays and see how high you can make it go
    4. More! Higher!
    5. Cleaning up ATF after I push it too far and blow a hose
    6. Screenshot of conversation with QuickJack warranty department claiming that it failed under normal operation and how dare you accuse me of misuse!

Anything else?
    Could you get a picture of the safety lock mechanism as well? They did mention something about it on the website but I can't seem to find it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Dude, I love your sense of humour!
    I love how you spell humor! Must be in one of the queen's colonies...

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    A shot of you drinking some fine bourbon with a smug look on your face after you win the argument with QuickJack warranty department in #6.
    I'll have drunk all the bourbon during the "testing" and probably end up sipping a glass of ATF by the time I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    rock. thanks dude. i'm reeeeeeal close to ordering some o' these bad boys....

I'm worried that it'll end up being $999 + $500 shipping so like $15,000 CAD

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Could you get a picture of the safety lock mechanism as well? They did mention something about it on the website but I can't seem to find it...

This video shows the safety locks and other stuff a lot better than any pictures I could take. You can lower it onto the locks and disconnect the hoses since the support is all mechanical at that point. Trust me, I would not get under anything that relied on hydraulics to keep it in the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHlOUA6qyR8

I love how you spell humor! Must be in one of the queen's colonies...

I'll have drunk all the bourbon during the "testing" and probably end up sipping a glass of ATF by the time I'm done.

This video shows the safety locks and other stuff a lot better than any pictures I could take. You can lower it onto the locks and disconnect the hoses since the support is all mechanical at that point. Trust me, I would not get under anything that relied on hydraulics to keep it in the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHlOUA6qyR8
    Thanks for the video, Il have a look...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

LOL. actually if i have it shipped to my package holding place in NY (right near where you and spenser crossed the border), shipping is free.... i just have to pay tax + duty when i bring it in. which... basically ends up around $1500CAD. i found it for sale in canada for $1712CAD delivered to my door here (that includes our crazy 13% tax). so if i pick it up myself, is the time and gas worth ~$200?

i do want one. bad.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

so if i pick it up myself, is the time and gas worth ~$200?

i do want one. bad.
    I'm an economist by education, so it makes me strangely happy when I see others thinking like this lol.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I'm an economist by education, so it makes me strangely happy when I see others thinking like this lol.
    How do you justify spending so much on your Zhp then? Lol
    Don't think all the money we spend on our cars are good financial decisions lol

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post

you know, i would love to see a 5-year breakdown on this versus buying a new camry. in the 3 years i have owned my ZHP, i have spent about $15K on it (including the purchase price), with a predicted $1K per year in maintenance per year over the next 2 years. that's $17K (CAD no less! that's almost free in USD!) over 5 years - half the price of a new car, with much higher driving enjoyment (clearly not anything quantifiable on a spreadsheet).

good financial decision? heck yeah.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

you know, i would love to see a 5-year breakdown on this versus buying a new camry. in the 3 years i have owned my ZHP, i have spent about $15K on it (including the purchase price), with a predicted $1K per year in maintenance per year over the next 2 years. that's $17K (CAD no less! that's almost free in USD!) over 5 years - half the price of a new car, with much higher driving enjoyment (clearly not anything quantifiable on a spreadsheet).

good financial decision? heck yeah.
    Don't forget a nearly complete lack of depreciation!

Simple: I'm single and don't have children.

But seriously, I have a (fairly) strict "nothing in without something out" policy.
    Buy new seats? Old ones have to go.
    Buy new wheels? Old ones are gone.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast