Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Figured I would share this deal in case anyone else was looking for tires. Great deal, but ends today, so you best be ready to sling some plastic...

https://slickdeals.net/f/9849404-dis...archBarV2Algo1

I used it to grab a set of 235/40-18 Cooper Zeon RS3-G1's for the 18x9 wheels that I picked up a while back. Total was $576 shipped w/ an additional $100 mail in rebate from Cooper.

To answer your questions:

LOL Cooper WTF bro?!?!
    I've been reading about how much people love their RS3 series tires for a while and this new G1 is supposed to be top shelf. Couldn't pass up the deal for a set under $500 with a 50k mile warranty.

All seasons? More like NO SEASONS LOL!!!
    I was planning on going with true summer tires (PSS, duh), but I realized that summer tires would be an issue with me taking this car to the mountains every weekend for trips. If I have to park in a muddy lot or off the side of the road near a trailhead, all-seasons will be much better at getting out of there. Another good example was a few weeks ago when it was 75F in Charlotte, so we decided to run up to our favorite section of the AT where it was 25 freakin degrees. I was wearing shorts too! Summer tires no likey.

235's on a 9" wheel LOL HELLAFLUSH STRETCH BRO
    Seems small, I know, but section width isn't what is going to determine stretch. These tires have a wide, square tread similar to the PSS (tread width on the 235 = 8.5in). It'll be just a bit of a stretch, which I prefer for cornering sidewall stability.

Track day bro. Hoosiers bro.
    Maybe one day, bruh. I need these for DD duties tho.
    Wow, 50k mile warranty. Michelin PSS can't touch that, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
    Wow, 50k mile warranty. Michelin PSS can't touch that, that's for sure.

These are high performance all seasons, so not really comparable to the PSS. They'd be more in line with the A/S 3+, which has a 45k mile warranty.

curious to see how they do!

dude... coop's on the coupe.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

These are high performance all seasons, so not really comparable to the PSS. They'd be more in line with the A/S 3+, which has a 45k mile warranty.
    True, wasn't really trying to make a direct tire comparison though. Still a big difference between 30k (I believe?) PSS and the coopers

Y'all can link to this post in a few years when I inevitably get on here cursing about how I can't get this new serpentine belt to fit...yeah I got the right part number for the M54 come on guys something is wrong!

Dear Future Dumbass,

You put underdrive pullies in this car in 2017, dumbass.

Love,
    Past Self
    Now, onto the zzzzzip size comparisons:

Water pump

Power steering pump

Alternator

I like how far they pushed the envelope on oversizing the water pump pulley. Look at this clearance!

Can't wait to feel my 3-5hp!

Have the same ones on the wife's zhp. I did not bother with the alternator pulley though.

Overall not a bad mod.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

zzzzzip
    oh man... nice one.

good work on the pulleys. let me know what you think. at the very least... you got rid of the plastic pulleys.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    oh man... nice one.

good work on the pulleys. let me know what you think. at the very least... you got rid of the plastic pulleys.
    +1

I keep going back and forth on whether or not it's worth the money or the decreased cooling/AC compression, however small.

That's the clearance on the UUC pulley too. I definitely noticed a difference. I think Ryan (Rkeeshaw) noticed a 10HP increase in upper RPMs on the Dyno IIRC.

I used Coopers years ago on almost all of my vehicles at the time... they make a really decent tire.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I keep going back and forth on whether or not it's worth the money or the decreased cooling/AC compression, however small.
    The crank pulley is never under driven so it won't affect AC
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The crank pulley is never under driven so it won't affect AC
    I stand corrected, I forgot how that belt is routed. Since the power steering pump is one of the under driven accessories, does that affect steering weight?

Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast