Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    GUYS HELP I'M TRYING TO FIND A POSITRAC DIFFERENTIAL SO THAT I CAN KEEP THE REAR END UNDER CONTROL

TOO MUCH POWER

SEND TIRES

Nah I can't tell any difference yet, but I haven't had a chance to open it up. My commute is <10 minutes and <40 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Have the same ones on the wife's zhp. I did not bother with the alternator pulley though.

Overall not a bad mod.
    I'm thinking that the alternator pulley might make the biggest difference of the three since it's so tiny to begin with. The stock one is also heavy steel, while the Turner pulley is lightweight aluminum. Not that weight is much of an issue on such a small diameter, but I'll take all the free power that I can get.

The only way that I could see it being an issue is if your wife has a massive stereo setup in the trunk with multiple amps. I confirmed with Turner before I ordered that they had tested with Xenons on and both butt toasters on full toast. Might as well throw it on the next time you have the alternator off to replace the OFHG...

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    oh man... nice one.

good work on the pulleys. let me know what you think. at the very least... you got rid of the plastic pulleys.
    Yeah those plastic pulleys felt very brittle in hand. Any plastic wire loom in the engine bay already crumbles if you make eye contact with it. Does that happen to Canada cars too? You and your stupid perfect headliners...

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That's the clearance on the UUC pulley too. I definitely noticed a difference. I think Ryan (Rkeeshaw) noticed a 10HP increase in upper RPMs on the Dyno IIRC.

I used Coopers years ago on almost all of my vehicles at the time... they make a really decent tire.
    Damn that's really impressive. It would make sense that I don't feel a difference at low rpm, as the change in diameter will be more pronounced as the speed of rotation increases.

Pumped about the Coopers. I feel like people have been sleeping on them for years. They're doing a big marketing push for this new generation of RSA's, so I wanted to grab them before they got popular and the incentives went away.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I stand corrected, I forgot how that belt is routed. Since the power steering pump is one of the under driven accessories, does that affect steering weight?
    Yeah, the A/C pulley has it's own belt coming off of the crank. I was thinking that I should have replaced that belt at the same time, but it looks fine and if it were to fail I'd only be without A/C -- not exactly catastrophic.

People have said that they noticed an increase in steering weight at low rpms. I didn't notice a difference when driving to work/parking, but I've been driving my Mazda for two weeks so the steering is going to feel crazy heavy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yeah those plastic pulleys felt very brittle in hand. Any plastic wire loom in the engine bay already crumbles if you make eye contact with it. Does that happen to Canada cars too? You and your stupid perfect headliners...
    LOL. i'll happily trade sagging headliners for RUST. i hate that stuff.

the plastic still gets brittle up here, but i don't think as bad. i've replaced my WP pulley with aluminum, but not the PS pump yet. on the to-do list. might try out those pulleys you got.

Damn that's really impressive. It would make sense that I don't feel a difference at low rpm, as the change in diameter will be more pronounced as the speed of rotation increases.
    exactly. i spend a lot of time (relatively speaking) pulling to redline in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears so i would love that.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I didn't notice any steering difference, Nor did I notice any change in temp and it was hot as hell here last year... I thought I noticed the engine revved a little easier as well ... did you notice that at all?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i spend a lot of time (relatively speaking) pulling to redline in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears so i would love that.
    Well, I'd say that this is a clear picture of why I didn't notice a difference on my commute and why they would probably be more noticeable when you're playing tag with the rev limiter.

Well don't just sit there, go out and be the stereotypical BMW driver and rev that shit out to redline everywhere on your morning commute.

For science.

Thought that I could spare 5 minutes to go ahead and pop the clear reflectors in...45 minutes later I had one reflector on and was putting the fender liner back in for the third time. Everything that could have gone wrong did, per usual.

Frustration

Really makes me appreciate how silly the bumper reflector looks at all, be it amber or clear.

Thought that I could spare 5 minutes to go ahead and pop the clear reflectors in...45 minutes later I had one reflector on and was putting the fender liner back in for the third time. Everything that could have gone wrong did, per usual.

Frustration

Really makes me appreciate how silly the bumper reflector looks at all, be it amber or clear.
    Shoulda bought a wagon! Loser!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's frustrating. I didn't have any real problems when I replaced mine with color-matched "reflectors" from Bimmian. I opted to use my wide trim tool for the removal process that made it very easy.

Night and day, Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That's frustrating. I didn't have any real problems when I replaced mine with color-matched "reflectors" from Bimmian. I opted to use my wide trim tool for the removal process that made it very easy.
    I wish I could buy pre-painted ones (grumbling and muttering about stupid unique paint colors).

I'm going to leave mine in place, mask everything off around it, and paint. There's some overspray from when Peter's paint guy resprayed my bumper and I'm afraid to remove them.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

looks good, nate! much better.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast