Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    That may just be an Apex thing. You can hear the metal touch on my 8.5s when you set them down (also 235). And I have 3mm spacers if you want to test fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I’m rubber on rubber on my 17x8.5” with ExtremeContact DW 245/40R17s. But that’s a lot less stretch (see: no stretch) than yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking at the pics, I think it may have a lot to do with the Apex design. The lip follows the angle of the spokes and pushes out:

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    heck yeah - as trevor mentioned, that is definitely Alpina-esque. haha.

man, those fronts are pokey! some megative camber is required, fo sho.

i run a 3mm spacer in the rear with my apexeseses.

maybe a bit too much stretchy for me. i think if it was sitting lower it would look better, in my eyes. but that ride! gotta preserve that.
    It's funny -- going from the 9.0 width to 9.5, I can feel how the sidewall has stiffened with the additional stretch. The handling is more responsive, but impacts are harsher. I may go a little wider with the next set of tires, but I'm ok with the trade off for now since we are driving the wagon more on trips so I'm almost always alone and hooning when driving this car.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    I don't understand why the passenger side has that metal clip and the driver's side doesn't...
    The fender hanger clip? It's on both sides. I had just removed it in the first pic. I flattened it out a bit with a hammer to give more clearance, then reinstalled it, then ground the stud all the way down to the nut.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    ...but I'm ok with the trade off for now since we are driving the wagon more on trips so I'm almost always alone and hooning when driving this car.
    so when does the LSD go in?

it amplifies hoonage by at least 150%.

but that's probably a bad thing.

The fender hanger clip? It's on both sides. I had just removed it in the first pic. I flattened it out a bit with a hammer to give more clearance, then reinstalled it, then ground the stud all the way down to the nut.
    nice. on northern cars... you just leave that nut alone. sure, you can grind the stud down... but you don't touch the nut. i think i have successfully removed 3 out of maybe 8 that i've removed. the other 5 were lonely and brought the stud with them.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

on northern cars... you just leave that nut alone. sure, you can grind the stud down... but you don't touch the nut. i think i have successfully removed 3 out of maybe 8 that i've removed. the other 5 were lonely and brought the stud with them.
    That might explain why there isn't one on my driver's side. I was wondering why that side was only being held on by the plastic piece further back along the seam.

nice. on northern cars... you just leave that nut alone. sure, you can grind the stud down... but you don't touch the nut. i think i have successfully removed 3 out of maybe 8 that i've removed. the other 5 were lonely and brought the stud with them.
    2 of those clingy/lonely ones were from my car when we installed the ZHP rear bumper. Fun times were had...
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    2 of those clingy/lonely ones were from my car when we installed the ZHP rear bumper. Fun times were had...
    yep, we RTV'd those brackets back on. still holding? the one i RTV'd back onto my ZHP held until the day i removed that rear bumper for the last time... i think it was 2 years!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

yep, we RTV'd those brackets back on. still holding? the one i RTV'd back onto my ZHP held until the day i removed that rear bumper for the last time... i think it was 2 years!
    Yup - no issues so far!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Love love the new kicks! I think they look mighty better than the previous set. Excellent choice Pizzaman.

so when does the LSD go in?

it amplifies hoonage by at least 150%.

but that's probably a bad thing.

Man...I'm thinking more and more about an LSD now...the only thing I'm worried about (other than the cost) is gear whine. I know yours is pretty loud but that's probably more due to the solid mounts everywhere.

And the paint underneath my Florida car is in better condition than the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Love love the new kicks! I think they look mighty better than the previous set. Excellent choice Pizzaman.
    Dude...they really...like...really really make the pinstripe pop. No joke.

It's going to take some time to get used to the fronts sticking out so much, but I'm loving the profile view so far.

I have an M3 clutch style LSD. Just put in AKG 95A diff bushings. Everything else back there is OEM except for M3 OEM RTAB and limiters. No gear whine at all
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Man...I'm thinking more and more about an LSD now...the only thing I'm worried about (other than the cost) is gear whine. I know yours is pretty loud but that's probably more due to the solid mounts everywhere.
    yeah, exactly. rubber mounts should negate that entirely.

Dude...they really...like...really really make the pinstripe pop. No joke.
    so, it's staying??

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I have an M3 clutch style LSD. Just put in AKG 95A diff bushings. Everything else back there is OEM except for M3 OEM RTAB and limiters. No gear whine at all
    really? weird. i wonder if it has something to do with the diff type - i'm running a helical diff.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast