Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    wonderful looking interior man. love clean alcantara.

If i could find a set of non folding sedan alcantara interior in MINT condition with heat i would be willing to sell or trade my NB M3 sedan non folding interior up for it so i could finally switch to an alcantara steering wheel to match.

i would retrofit the extra set of M3 bolster & lumbar control system into the non M sedan seats just to do it lol
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
    Yo you drink bruh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bruh

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    wonderful looking interior man. love clean alcantara.

If i could find a set of non folding sedan alcantara interior in MINT condition with heat i would be willing to sell or trade my NB M3 sedan non folding interior up for it so i could finally switch to an alcantara steering wheel to match.

i would retrofit the extra set of M3 bolster & lumbar control system into the non M sedan seats just to do it lol
    Man good luck. It would have to come out of a car that was put in an underground garage and forgotten about. Even if you don't sit on Alcantara, it gets bad UV fade over the years.

Ya boy got braces

I bought some beefy steel front/rear tower braces on eBay only to find out that the front didn't fit with my alignment pin and M56 beauty cover. I had been flirting with the easily removable ACS bars on Spenser's car and he was digging my strong af steel bits so we did a lil swaparooski.

Starting in the rear like you know we do.....

Yeah the rear kind of sucked. I had to put the car in the air and pull the wheel to get to the stupid underside nuts on the Rogue reinforcements. I don't know why people like these so much.

Whatever. They're in. Laid the carpet back over and beat that ass with a rubber hammer. No cutting needed. All hammer.

Then beat the bar in place with the same rubber hammer. Not an ideal fitment. Whatever.

Then went to put in the cam bolts and they hit the carpet. Kind of annoying. Whatever.

Got that ish in and locked down tho

And we got ourselves a bar! Hooray bar!

Now the front bar is an interesting design in that they cut threads into aluminum thinking they would hold up on an often removed part mmmok.

So you're like "yeah dude drill out the threads and run a through bolt with a nut on the other side problem solved"

NOT SO FAST

The top bracket covers one of the mounting holes, so you actually cannot tighten it until you have the plate secured (I didn't get a before pic so you can already see my solution here).

That means you cannot hold a nut on the bottom with a wrench...and I'm not paying somebody to weld a nut to aluminum...let's take some inspiration from the rear bar and hit em with a cam lock bolt!

Did some test fitments and stacked some washers to get full travel out of the cam lock then glued that nut in place on the backside. It won't see any torque, just the vertical force of the bolt locking down. Perfect.

awww yeaaaaaaa

Last edited by ZHPizza; 08-22-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Fuck me, those cam locks are a brilliant idea.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

The Rogue mounts are reversible for rear strut bars...Where you get those cam locks? I never installed my rear bar because i didn't want to lose the trunk space
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The Rogue mounts are reversible for rear strut bars...Where you get those cam locks? I never installed my rear bar because i didn't want to lose the trunk space
    That’s actually why he and I switched. If I ever need the extra trunk space I’d probably just borrow my parent’s SUV, so the solid bar doesn’t bother me. The ACS bar in the red car has a removable center.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Yes I've had the identical bar in my garage for 9 years but I'd still like an easy way to remove the center section...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Yes I've had the identical bar in my garage for 9 years but I'd still like an easy way to remove the center section...
    The ACS rear bar came with those (they thread into the steel mount), but these are the ones that I used for the front. A little narrow at M6, but I was having trouble tracking down an M8 size and they'll be fine for the application.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019OMU2MA/

Nice! thanks
    H&R sport springs,

Sweet!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast