Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yep, I moved up to the $15 harbor freight angle grinder of death, threw on a face shield/ear protection and went to town.

The used a heat gun to soften the remaining caulk stuff enough to pull out

And removed the spring to test the fit

We're good!

Man this is painful to watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Hey pizza bruh, I was stalking your build thread and noticed you painted the bottom black mesh part of the front bumper. I keep putting that off, but wanted to know what you used to paint it. Also, do you think it is possible to pain without removing the bumper? like maybe stuffing a piece of cardboard between the thing and the radiator and taping off the edges? I know removing the bumper is easy af but I don't like doing it if I don't have to

Also pizza bruh, what method did you use to clean up the alcantara steering wheel?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

I painted w/o removing. Cardboard and blue painter tape.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I was actually trying to paint it without removing the bumper, but got frustrated and just pulled the thing off. I'm glad I did too. I learned a lot about how everything fit together in there and fixed some loose fasteners on the brake ducts. And of course the paint job came out better than it would have on the car too. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

RED ROCKET GOT A BOO BOO

So the other day I snagged a pic of a fellow local red rocketeer and Spenser was an asshole and jinxed my whip

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I hope homeboi has zero suspension travel or the roads around Plaza gon’ wreck those fenders.
    Fast forward to that evening when I'm cruising around Plaza and pull into a shopping center where there's a municipal water shutoff access right in the middle of the entry way (I'm turning in just like the car in the streetview pic):

and there USED TO BE a cover on it until uhhh the other day I guess

My front left tire dropped right into that hole and that whole corner of the car slammed hard af

Got it into the parking lot expecting the fog lights to be through the damn hood but the bumper and everything looked fine aside from some new scratches on the bottom of the bumper fang *shocked.gif*

Cool, no worries. It wasn't until 24 hours later that I noticed a gash in the tire tread and this mother of a boo boo peeled back on the fender lip:

Got it on the lift to peep the damage:

Frigglesticks.

The sheet metal is hella stretched, the paint is cracked all along the lip, shit is ruff.

At this point, I have two options: Take it to a pro to get it fixed or try my hand at paint & body work. I can't make it worse, right?

Dayum

I decided to see what I could do in an hour. If it still came out busted, then I can get it fixed right. If it came out ok, then I just saved myself a lot of dollars. Not really going for perfection with a 15 year old shell here.

I taped over the paint and went to town on the lip with some plastic dead blow hammers and wood blocks. To give you an idea of how much patience and care I had for this shit, the wife was two floors up and thought I was hitting the floor under her.

I got the sheet metal back in place-ish and had to address all of the chipped paint, so I taped around the area and got to sanding.

Then masked off everything that I didn't want red and went threw on 5 coats of the good stuff

Didn't bother masking off the plastic fender liner or even trying to smooth out the sheet metal because who gives a shit

And voila!

No clear coat yet as I just ordered a can, but it looks pretty dang acceptable. Just need to throw the PDR guy $20 to pop that remaining dent out and it'll be like it never happened.

Pizza's body shop accepting customers in 2019 BYOB

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    No clear coat yet as I just ordered a can, but it looks pretty dang acceptable. Just need to throw the PDR guy $20 to pop that remaining dent out and it'll be like it never happened.
    Pizza's body shop accepting customers in 2019 BYOB
    I know what you did winter 2018

Come on down to IL to fix my rust spots.

Wow, cool you DIY'd it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

[QUOTE=ZHPizza;516506]Grabbed some clear reflectors to see how they looked and damn if they're not a perfect match for the corner lights on the facefilft coupe. Like any new plastic, though, it's gotta be coated in Dlux before it gets installed.

Thinking about these for my coupe. Can you confirm the ZHP MTechII bumper and the M3 bumper share the same reflector? Can't seem to find a part number in real oem.

2005 330ci ZHP

Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast