Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    I had a little left in the can and wanted to get some value out of it so I popped off my 4 year old side markers that were showing just a little touch of yellow on the tops:

Hit em with the scotch brite:

Then cleart:

Necessary? No. But that heavy clear probably bought me another 5 years before needing to replace these again.

Nice. Wish I could do that to mines. The rubber goes yellow on mines. I could polish the plastic but it's still yellow lol

Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Hey ZHPizza, Im really interested in installing a z4 wheel into my ZHP, I think the stock wheel is a little bus like, I drove my friends A7 and the wheel is so small and nice. Can I use my existing airbag into the z4 wheel? I dont use cruise control either so dont care about the stalk for now.

Quote Originally Posted by REF84 View Post
    Hey ZHPizza, Im really interested in installing a z4 wheel into my ZHP, I think the stock wheel is a little bus like, I drove my friends A7 and the wheel is so small and nice. Can I use my existing airbag into the z4 wheel? I dont use cruise control either so dont care about the stalk for now.
    Nah, unfortunately you need to source an airbag too.

Looks like I paid $275 for a multifunction wheel + airbag on eBay. Ideally the leather is worn but the buttons are in good shape (or you could go with a no-function one and save some more $).

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Nah, unfortunately you need to source an airbag too.

Looks like I paid $275 for a multifunction wheel + airbag on eBay. Ideally the leather is worn but the buttons are in good shape (or you could go with a no-function one and save some more $).
    Appreciate the reply thank you, I'll keep a look out on the bay for a deal. Can I just follow any other DIY for steering wheel replacement, or is there anything special I have to know/need to buy?

Appreciate the reply thank you, I'll keep a look out on the bay for a deal. Can I just follow any other DIY for steering wheel replacement, or is there anything special I have to know/need to buy?
    Plug and play bro! Pop the airbag out, disconnect the electrical connectors from the clockspring, remove the center bolt, install the e85 wheel the same way. Takes me <5 mins to swap them.

You'll probably want to throw a wrap on it (I'm actually doing two) so it's not so skinny. But definitely test it first!

Love the thread. The mirrors are interesting and I like the battery! Always interesting stuff when I check in here

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Plug and play bro! Pop the airbag out, disconnect the electrical connectors from the clockspring, remove the center bolt, install the e85 wheel the same way. Takes me <5 mins to swap them.

You'll probably want to throw a wrap on it (I'm actually doing two) so it's not so skinny. But definitely test it first!

Awesome, I found a nice one, (decent trim/buttons with worn leather) and Ill be putting an overwrap on it. Which one did you use? Im hearing decent things about the mewant. Im also planning on painting the trim black (maybe I should start a project thread).

Also, is the instrument cluster obstructed at all with the slightly smaller wheel? Can you try to get a shot of what you see when driving?

Awesome, I found a nice one, (decent trim/buttons with worn leather) and Ill be putting an overwrap on it. Which one did you use? Im hearing decent things about the mewant. Im also planning on painting the trim black (maybe I should start a project thread).

Also, is the instrument cluster obstructed at all with the slightly smaller wheel? Can you try to get a shot of what you see when driving?
    Yep, I used the Mewant and actually like the fake leather better than the real (grippier, stretches better, doesn't wrinkle up near the stitching).

I was also thinking about painting the trim but the dark silver is actually a perfect match to the ZHP gauge rings. It's surprisingly pleasing to the eye.

I don't have it installed and a pic wouldn't show perspective well anyway but yes on the instrument cluster obstruction. It sucks. I already can't see the top of the speedo/tach with the stock wheel, so it's even worse with the Z4. I haven't figured out a fix for this yet, but I need to do something because I can't see the red oil pressure light eek!

Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast