Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I had the Dinan intake, throttle body and stage three software. Stock ZHP exhaust. I remember driving away after having all that done and thinking "this is it?". Dyno numbers were pretty dismal too. Didn't notice much difference after getting a cat back Corsa TSE3 exhaust.
    For me it wasn't worth the expense. Put a set of headers on it instead along with a basic tune. You'll get much more bang for you buck, even with the stock ZHP exhaust...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I had the Dinan intake, throttle body and stage three software. Stock ZHP exhaust. I remember driving away after having all that done and thinking "this is it?". Dyno numbers were pretty dismal too. Didn't notice much difference after getting a cat back Corsa TSE3 exhaust.
    For me it wasn't worth the expense. Put a set of headers on it instead along with a basic tune. You'll get much more bang for you buck, even with the stock ZHP exhaust...
    Can confirm. I drove Rob's car and couldn't notice a power difference between his and mine. (Mine was stock at the time with only AFE intake)
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Can confirm. I drove Rob's car and couldn't notice a power difference between his and mine. (Mine was stock at the time with only AFE intake)
    I fully agree with both of you. I seriously considered doing the DINAN software many years ago but, I couldn’t find any significant data on what it would do for my ZHP. At that same time I was active with the clubs HPDE and Club racing and it so happened that one of the Club Racers was a Tech at a BMW dealer that was an authorized DINAN dealer. I made contact with him at the time about the software update. And after a long detailed conversation, I opted not to waste my money.

I also test drove one of Enthusiasts Auto’s DINAN ZHP’s that they were marketing a few years back and that thing was a turd, even with a throttle body and stage III software.

That’s also why I’m not DINAN badged but, could be with maybe one more product.

Not a fan of all of their products but, still think it will be a cool place to visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12