Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

State of the Mafia - 2016 year in review

Fellow Family Members,

I just wanted to give you a quick download on how the site performed 2016. Performance metrics are not the sole goal here, as what we're really after is that tight bond between BMW owners, but the metrics do yield interesting information. We had our bumps in the road toward the end of the year due to a hybrid malware attack, but that has been resolved and mitigated and we as a team are much smarter moving forward.

Overall, many of the numbers for site visits, page hits, and unique visitors were down (not concerning), but again we are interested in quality membership and quality content. I appreciate what we have now, and look forward to building upon it in the future.

On to the numbers:

Most popular month of the year = March

Most popular day of the week = Tuesday

Most popular time of the day = 0800

So if your looking for your buddy who hasn't been around in a while, your best bet is checkin on a March Tuesday at 0800....haha

Most popular searched key = zhp (of course)

Most popular searched for key phrase = zhp mafia (of course)

Visit duaration = Short (people hit the site, get what they want, then leave, other then the faithful hard core members. Fine by me)

The country visiting the site the most = United States (though the Russkies were 4th)

Most used OS = Windows

Most used browser = Google Chrome

Again, I appreciate the support throughout the year and some items we have to look forward to are:

- Continuing to support the affiliate advertisers of this site.

- Support of the www.cafepress.com/zhpmafia store for your local zhpmafia wares.

- Upgrading the site to the latest VBulletin version available: 4.2.3 Patch Level 2.

- Quarterly photography contests.

- Annual meet up (Small meetup organization for maintenance is endorsed and encouraged).

- Secret Santa?

And last but certainly not least, I look forward to the site continuing to be the most friendly BMW forum on the planet. Keep up the mature, content filled discussions, invite people who you think would be great additions to the Family, and be safe.

One last shout out: THANK YOU TO ALL MEMBERS WHO SUPPORTED THE SITE IN 2016. YOUR UNSELFISH GRATITUDE WAS UNPARALLELED AND IS DEEPLY APPRECIATED.

DW
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane, excellent information. Thank you for all your recent work to address the hybrid malware issues.

As our ZHPs are 11 to 14 years old, what do the long term site statistics show over the past, say, five years regarding overall forum activity and the number of active forum members? Is it increasing as aging ZHP affordability brings, presumably, a younger set of aspiring BMW owners or is it declining as more cars invariably meet their end through age, wear and accidents? Inquiring minds would love to know.
    2004 CiC 6MT Silver Gray (A08) Black Interior 1 of 51 Made
    Intravee - Navigation - Back-up Sensors - Cold Weather Package - Home Link Mirror
    Winter Hardtop, too - A Sweet Ride

As always a big shoutout to the moderators of this forum! I'm not too surprised by the slight decline in numbers and I don't think it's a reflection of what goes on here. There's a core group that sticks around and then other members ebb and flow. I've pretty much made ZHPMafia my home compared to E46Fanatics or anywhere else because of the quality of the people and content here. I've only met a handful of members in person (I hope that'll change in the future), but each of them have been very cool individuals.

I've only been on here about 2+ years, but it's interesting to see very active people come and go. The nice thing is someone can disappear for a little while and come back and people are happy to hear from them.

I will say I really think that the membership fee improves the overall quality of people on board. To some it may seem expensive, elitist, self-important, put your negative adjective here, but for me and everyone else here I think it's a very small price to pay for a wealth of technical information as well as good company. Here's to a great 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by wstr75 View Post
    Dane, excellent information. Thank you for all your recent work to address the hybrid malware issues.

As our ZHPs are 11 to 14 years old, what do the long term site statistics show over the past, say, five years regarding overall forum activity and the number of active forum members? Is it increasing as aging ZHP affordability brings, presumably, a younger set of aspiring BMW owners or is it declining as more cars invariably meet their end through age, wear and accidents? Inquiring minds would love to know.
    2011 Vs. 2016

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Great info, thanks! And thanks to all who make this a great site (and we appreciate the props to us moderators but you all make it run smoothly).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I can honestly state that this site has some of the most educated owners of BMW's that work on their own cars. You guys have been a tremendous help in resolving issues associated with the E46 330 ZHP and offer up great advice on upgrades and analysis of different upgrades such as brakes, radios, etc. I was a mess when the site went down as it is such a great resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait we have a photography contest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Good stuff DW, and yeah for the renewed photography contest. Although, in the meantime, the Picture Game thread was entertaining us.

All good news right there. A classy forum.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Coming up on 5 years, still here. Thanks for all you do Dane!

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Mafia member for 4 years. Proud ZHP owner for 2 years. I felt welcome here since day #1.

Thank you, Boss, for your time and efforts !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast