Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Track Wheel Info

Wondering what wheel size people use for track front and rear, offset, spacers?

Thanks

I don't have any just yet, but I'm seriously considering a set of OE 68s for their light weight (~19 lbs, IIRC).

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

For autocross:
    Kosei K1. 17x8.5, et40. No spacers, running 255/40-17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 tires. Square setup, same size wheels and tires all around.

For my track/HPDE days, I just use my staggered street setup (225/40-18 Front 255/35-18 rear on Pirelli PZero Nero All-Seasons). OEM Style 135 wheels.

No spacers for either application. Have H&R Cup Kit suspension installed, so I can't really accept any decent thickness spacers with my setup.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I love APEX ARC-8's (do not own but hope to some day). 18lbs per wheel 8.5x18. I'd run 255/35/18 all around with Direzza Star Spec's if you wanted to keep a street tire. The stock 135's are very heavy at 28lbs per. Rotational mass is better to lose than non-rotational mass. The general rule of thumb is 10lbs = 1 hp for non-rotational mass. By losing 40lbs from the wheels it is the equivalent of at least double that (so 8hp possibly a lot more). Also, the car will handle better. They are definitely something to upgrade.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Thanks for the info. I'm a fan of the APEX 8's as well. Could you go with 9" instead of 8.5" for all four? Spacers on either front or rear? Also, what offsets are ideal. I suppose keeping the track wide is good, but I would be trying to work with stock suspension.

I just put on the ARC 8's in 17x9 ET42 running 265 dunlop direzza all around. No spacers in the front or rear. I'll need to get the rears rolled as there is a slight rub when cornering *hard*.

Pics here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...Solo-STX-build

Another good track option is the SSR type C's ET45. They are about a 17lb wheel in 18x9. Hard to find but a nice wheel if you can get a set. The D-force wheels are also a good option. readily available, light and come in both 17 and 18". The offset is a little lower though around 41, so you might have some trouble fitting 265 on there, but could do 255 or lower without a problem I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by bcleaver View Post
    I just put on the ARC 8's in 17x9 ET42 running 265 dunlop direzza all around. No spacers in the front or rear. I'll need to get the rears rolled as there is a slight rub when cornering *hard*.

Pics here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...Solo-STX-build

Another good track option is the SSR type C's ET45. They are about a 17lb wheel in 18x9. Hard to find but a nice wheel if you can get a set. The D-force wheels are also a good option. readily available, light and come in both 17 and 18". The offset is a little lower though around 41, so you might have some trouble fitting 265 on there, but could do 255 or lower without a problem I would imagine.
    Those look great, thanks for sharing! Cool Project, subscribed.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I run the D-Force LTW5, 17x9, ET35 (I think) with Yokohama AO48 255/40R17. Stock suspension. The AO48's are pretty wide for 255's. I get just a little bit of rubbing on the rears with hard cornering at the track. 17" tires are generally cheaper and 17" rims are generally lighter (not that I'm good enough to tell the difference in weight when driving). The best thing is that the anthracite finish hides the brake dust. You could drop down to 245/40R17 for a slightly smaller diameter wheel, for just a little more oomph.