Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    We have a Roush Racing jack.....funny because we own no American cars and never owned a Ford

Something like this

It works great, good for 7000lbs. It is extremely heavy though, I brought it over to a friends to do pads and rotors on his GLI this weekend, and when I put it in the trunk of my Jetta, the car seriously came down 2 inches....haha

We need an extra one though, one that is low profile as both my car and the M6 dont go under the Roush, unless you lift up on the car a bit. Most likely a Craftsman

I use a Daniels 1.75 when things get difficult.

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Quote Originally Posted by RITmusic2k View Post
    I use a Daniels 1.75 when things get difficult.
    This!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

With that jack, in three to four full swings the side of the car is completely off the ground.

I really have no idea what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by gr330zhp View Post

We need an extra one though, one that is low profile as both my car and the M6 dont go under the Roush, unless you lift up on the car a bit. Most likely a Craftsman
    Be sure to read the user reviews on Craftsman jacks (sears website) before buying one. Pretty poor reviews on pretty much all of them. I made the mistake of buying one last year but returned it because the handle wouldn't lay flat enough to get it underneath from the rear to lift at the diff support. Having said that, I use a 25 year old Craftsman that works great. I just wanted to get something newer. Still debating what to get since most of those lightweight aluminum jacks won't go as high as I want them to.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/s_10153_1...ment+%26+Jacks

Barry

^ this. On the Craftsman jack I have the handle does not lay flat. It also takes many pumps to lift the car. That said I was not looking for a low profile, quick lift jack when I bought it. My jack serves the purpose, but if I would buy another it would not meet my specifications.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Alright, so I need some help. I bought a jack, and I think a few of you have it too, botond, eli, others. Anyway, it drops the car like a rock. I'm sure I can adjust this lowering speed, but how? Here is the jack. Came with bs instructions.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I had the same problem but with a different jack, my problem was that I was tightening it more than needed.

You need to be very mindful of how quickly you're lowering it. I can lower it like a granny or drop it like it's hot; I have that control.
    Just be a little bit more mindful of how fast you're turning that lever.

I honestly never saw a problem with dropping it quick, to be honest. I always drop it as quick as I can so I could move on to the next wheel and finish swapping wheels in time for my first run.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Autozone.com
    Drop it like NASCAR yo!

Practice the slow release by gently turning the valve. You may find a combination of both clockwise and counter-clockwise turns will allow for a smoother drop.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast