Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bummer: Conti DW has been discontinued

Ordered a pair of rear DW's the other day, got a call from Discount Tire this morning informing me that they are discontinued and they are unable to source a pair from Continental. He was doing an internal check and would let me know if he could dig up a pair. Called back shortly afterwards and he did manage to find a pair for me, but moving forward, they're history, and Conti is recommending the DWS06 (or whatever the newer AS version is called) as its replacement. But that's not the same tire, that's the all-season version.

I'm bummed because these have been great tires for me. 2 lbs lighter than Michelin PSS's in the same size, and it's noticeable. The sidewall is not as aggressive as the Michelins, and for my use, that's perfect - the ZHP is my daily "comfy" car. Still tons of grip and a great performance tire, just not quite as hard-edged as the PSS.

My ZHP goes through rears pretty quickly, but the fronts last much longer. Hopefully the fronts can hang on for another 20k miles, which is about what I'll get out of the new rears. Not sure what I'll try next. Definitely will put PSS's on my Golf R when the stock Pirelli PZero's are done.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

I honestly hated these tires on my mother's IS300. They were too soft, not enough grip, and noisy. They were cheap though.

PSS is a happy medium for me for a daily tire. I honestly prefer the RE71R tires but I'm an oddball track guy.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I honestly hated these tires on my mother's IS300. They were too soft, not enough grip, and noisy.
    agreed. extremely vague-feeling.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I think the conti DW are very alignment sensitive tires. They can be really squirrely with too much camber.

I see them as still available on Discount Tire and TireRack's websites.

I have the dws06 all-seasons, they are good at operating well in summer and winter but by no means are they good for on the limit kinda driving... I've said his many times, 8 year old general summer tires that were on the car when I bought it were better than these when it comes to handling in warm weather...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I have the dws06 all-seasons, they are good at operating well in summer and winter but by no means are they good for on the limit kinda driving... I've said his many times, 8 year old general summer tires that were on the car when I bought it were better than these when it comes to handling in warm weather...

I have to politely disagree here, I absolutely love the new Conti DWS06's! I just got a set, and couldn't be happier. Keep in mind, my car is a daily, no track, just fun country roads now and then. Plus we see a ton of rain here in the NW, and these tires are unbelievable in the wet. And for the price? Can't be beat, two huge thumbs up from me!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    I have to politely disagree here, I absolutely love the new Conti DWS06's! I just got a set, and couldn't be happier. Keep in mind, my car is a daily, no track, just fun country roads now and then. Plus we see a ton of rain here in the NW, and these tires are unbelievable in the wet. And for the price? Can't be beat, two huge thumbs up from me!
    I'm not saying those are bad tires at all and in all probability Il buy another set but what I meant was don't expect these to be close to the performance you would get from a summer tire, in response to the first post...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I thought the ContiSportContact 5 was supposed to be the replacement?

I like my DWs. Good comfort, definitely sticky enough for me in the summer, good wet weather performance, and I think they're pretty quiet.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I thought the ContiSportContact 5 was supposed to be the replacement?
    Those seem quite expensive and the reviews don't look too great either...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast