Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yeah, tests are pretty darn controlled. For each set of tires tested, the tests are run on the same day with each set of tires mounted to a different BMW. I think RaceLogic products are used for timing.

The A/S 3+ is a great tire. Heard mention of it outperforming the DW.

TireRack will test the new ExtremeContact Sport this spring... should have significant steering response over the DW. 30k mile warranty with 3-year flat tire towing doesn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Huge news for those of us in climates that don't warrant snow tires, but too cold for summers year round.
    AS3+ aren't very well optimized for snow too. At least snow that's falling in/near the freezing mark. My friend could barely get to my place when there was a super light layer of snow/slush in his 135i. DWS06 are far better rated for the snow than an AS3+. But as it shows the AS3+ is better in dry and wet conditions, overall.

We'll have to see as the new Conti tire is released, what reviews are on those!! I really love the ride quality of a PSS but the price is still ridiculous. I'll put the money down if I have to because of the quality but if Conti can come through even if it's super marginally worse and the price is 30% less, I'd go with Conti because it's not like I need to be doing 1G of cornering on a public road. Although it is fun!! It's just ridiculously too fast because of so much grip. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    AS3+ aren't very well optimized for snow too. At least snow that's falling in/near the freezing mark. My friend could barely get to my place when there was a super light layer of snow/slush in his 135i. DWS06 are far better rated for the snow than an AS3+. But as it shows the AS3+ is better in dry and wet conditions, overall.

We'll have to see as the new Conti tire is released, what reviews are on those!! I really love the ride quality of a PSS but the price is still ridiculous. I'll put the money down if I have to because of the quality but if Conti can come through even if it's super marginally worse and the price is 30% less, I'd go with Conti because it's not like I need to be doing 1G of cornering on a public road. Although it is fun!! It's just ridiculously too fast because of so much grip. LOL
    Yup, I was able to drive my Zhp in an inch of snow quite easily with a set of new dws06...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I had the previous version of the DWS for my e46 and they were great in the wet and snow. I was going to get the DWS06 but decided to go with a set of summer tires on my 135s and get 17" wheels and set it up with winter tires and not compromise.

I had the DWs prior to the DWS and didn't feel I lost any performance with the DWS (daily driving conditions with some aggressive back road driving, but no track time) and had a significant advantage in the snow.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123