Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Nope. I just saw the title and shared my experience.
    dummy.

As far as the noise, I had contacted AKG when I had the first set. The customer service was great and they had informed me to clean and lube them again. Then after a certain period of time, the noise came back and they sent out another set of the fcab. I installed those based on their advice and lubed them with the supplied lube. The issue returned shortly so I ditched them and went with the Z4M fcab.

The issue from what I could tell was the inserts that go into the outer portion of the bushing and slide on the end of the control arm have excessive play and this resulted in the bushing having movement forward and back.
    here's the funny part - i bought those bushings from you, remember? i have had them installed on my sedan for about 18 months now, with zero issues. maybe you've got weird control arms?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    dummy.

here's the funny part - i bought those bushings from you, remember? i have had them installed on my sedan for about 18 months now, with zero issues. maybe you've got weird control arms?
    LOL.

Well glad to hear you don't have any noise or issues with them. Maybe the end of the control arms is different. I never did measure the thickness of the aluminium.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    Oh my, yes. Check your giubo and CSB coupled with diff and subframe mounts - It really is smooth as glass.
    Ok great! What's CSB?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

LOL.

Well glad to hear you don't have any noise or issues with them. Maybe the end of the control arms is different. I never did measure the thickness of the aluminium.
    must be the beefier Canadian ZAM Arms..

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Ok great! What's CSB?
    Carrier Support Bearing. the one in the middle of the driveshaft.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I've had the AKG 95A FCABs installed a few months ago. I haven't heard anything yet. Was it noticeable with the windows closed?

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    Carrier Support Bearing. the one in the middle of the driveshaft.
    Ok thanks
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Just got back from getting the front ball joints and tie rods checked. All good, but front brake lines are not in the best shape, so going to replace those right away. ATE the way to go from what I hear?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-34326766966oe

While up on the lift I did notice there was a rectangular hole (maybe 1" x 3" or so) in what looked like a flywheel casing. Looks like some kind of cover should be on there but I can't find the part anywhere.

Does anyone know what that is called exactly or have a part number for me?

The hole is for the factory brake cooling ducts.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...&q=51712695664

You might consider stainless steel brake lines as a replacement. I got my set from Turner Motorsport, they were StopTech branded.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    You might consider stainless steel brake lines as a replacement. I got my set from Turner Motorsport, they were StopTech branded.
    Slater jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the ATE are already stainless (just not showing it). They run like $50 for the pair up front, which is all that was cracking on my car (rears were in good shape).

Although I did find these at ECS for $60 for the pair, but I would lose the lifetime warranty you get from FCPEuro.

But if you all think I should do all 4 corners, ECS also has this kit for the whole car for $100 compared to $125 for the stoptech kit

Should I be changing/flushing the brake fluid at this point as well?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast