Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: Date?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday, 3/18/17

2 40.00%
  • Sunday, 3/19/17

2 40.00%
  • Saturday, 3/25/17

1 20.00%
  • Sunday, 3/26/17

1 20.00%
  • Saturday, 4/1/17

1 20.00%
  • Sunday, 4/2/17

1 20.00%
  • Saturday, 4/8/17

3 60.00%
  • Sunday, 4/9/17

1 20.00%
  • Saturday, 4/22/17

2 40.00%
  • Sunday, 4/23/17

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Cool DIY meet? or Mafia meet?

Ok so I feel like we should hold a meet this year since the last one was an total fail (see thread) My car plans for this year is to do nothing. I seriously hope my tires can hold out. I still need to do the fuel filter, but lazy. So to get rid of the itch, I have found that working on other people's cars helps lol That's where you guys come in.

I've held DIY meets before on the E46fanatics side. But stopped due to missing/stolen tools. So you gotta bring your own tools now (especially jackstands/low pro jacks). I have some, but they aren't up to snuff for everything, just basic stuff and some random knick knacks that could be useful. I'll borrow a set of tools from my friend too.

As many of you guys know. I have a lift. It goes up half height which is plenty for the majority of the jobs. So you guys can have some free lift time. Obviously it's first come first serve. But we're not going to do your engine swap on it lol I have enough room to work on 3 cars at the same time (2 will have to be on jackstands). But the lift is in the back, so if you're on the lift and you're done before the others. Then sucks for you LOL

When?
    I'm thinking some time in March. after 3/12 because DST. We'll figure it out after the poll i guess. Can you set a time limit on the poll? Iono how this poll shit works

Edit: Poll ended and it's going to be Saturday 4/8/17

Location?
    10731 Peony Cir
    Fountain Valley, CA 92708

If you don't have anything you want to do to your car, just come out and help us out. Or you can just come to learn stuff, make friends etc. I need friends, so you're helping me out lol

I guess we should start by making a list of people that want to come, and if they want to get anything done. Specify if you want to use the lift.

0. sillieidiot - nothing needed
    1. johnrando - FCABs, reset front springs into slot, add reinforcement plates
    2. Izzy_ZHP
    3. NorCalZman
    4. CarbonZHP ?
    Last edited by sillieidiot; 03-01-2017 at 04:13 AM.

hmm apparently you can vote on your own poll lol

Wrong coast I would like some time on a lift though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Wrong coast I would like some time on a lift though

+1

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Great idea. (Bummer that your tools when missing after some. I've always been very careful about getting people their tools back and vice versa. I know the people who would likely come from the mafia to this meet would not allow that to happen).

Dates that work (in case you can't pick multiple via the poll)
    Sat 3/18, Sat 4/8. Alternate dates Sun 3/19, 4/10.

0. sillieidiot - nothing needed
    1. johnrando - FCABs, reset front springs into slot, add reinforcement plates
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

hmmmmmm......I would be up for coming just to hang out, but I have been wanting to put on new struts/associated supporting parts into my car to see how the ride would improve. I would just have to figure out what parts I need to buy w/112k on my suspension. Not interested in adjustability or lowering. Just want something reliable with similar to stock performance.

I do have a new steering guibo sitting in a box too, and maybe some other parts. I havent looked in my boxes in awhile.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    hmmmmmm......I would be up for coming just to hang out, but I have been wanting to put on new struts/associated supporting parts into my car to see how the ride would improve. I would just have to figure out what parts I need to buy w/112k on my suspension. Not interested in adjustability or lowering. Just want something reliable with similar to stock performance.

I do have a new steering guibo sitting in a box too, and maybe some other parts. I havent looked in my boxes in awhile.
    I would recommend koni yellows with stock springs...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I would recommend koni yellows with stock springs...

+1

I sound like a broken record at this point, but if you want a very simple OEM+ suspension refresh, here's a link to my suspension refresh thread with all parts numbers and my opinion(s) afterwards (plus maybe end links and a few parts not listed):

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...miles-10-years

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1

I sound like a broken record at this point, but if you want a very simple OEM+ suspension refresh, here's a link to my suspension refresh thread with all parts numbers and my opinion(s) afterwards (plus maybe end links and a few parts not listed):

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...miles-10-years
    That is obscenely helpful. Thank you for documenting that...

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    That is obscenely helpful. Thank you for documenting that...
    My pleasure! It helps me so I can look back at what I did, and hopefully helps others that were/are in a similar situation as me back then. I figure it's a pretty mild upgrade over stock that won't break the bank, but is pretty thorough.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast