Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: Date?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday, 3/18/17

2 40.00%
  • Sunday, 3/19/17

2 40.00%
  • Saturday, 3/25/17

1 20.00%
  • Sunday, 3/26/17

1 20.00%
  • Saturday, 4/1/17

1 20.00%
  • Sunday, 4/2/17

1 20.00%
  • Saturday, 4/8/17

3 60.00%
  • Sunday, 4/9/17

1 20.00%
  • Saturday, 4/22/17

2 40.00%
  • Sunday, 4/23/17

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Yeah i don't think this is going to cure my itch at all lol I've been going around helping other people on e46f lately to pass the time. Only what I consider a car puzzle though.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Yeah i don't think this is going to cure my itch at all lol I've been going around helping other people on e46f lately to pass the time. Only what I consider a car puzzle though.
    Do you think that working on 2 cars is not going to be enough for one day for you? I mean, if I buy all that suspension stuff won't that take a good amount of time to install?

Gee I feel bad for my car not needing more work :-P

In addition to all those suspension parts I could buy for the suspension refresh, I have a brand new steering guibo that can be installed.
    I do have two new OEM tweeters that I got for free from another purchase that I would love to put in the front doors so there is that too.
    My car was in for an oil change today and they told me my only 2 year old Victor Reins (ugh) valve cover gasket was starting to seep.

Im trying to think of other stuff. lol
    Last edited by NorCalZman; 03-01-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I have a ton of stuff I could do... was just wanting to preserve time for other cars work. Water pump for one...
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Do you think that working on 2 cars is not going to be enough for one day for you? I mean, if I buy all that suspension stuff won't that take a good amount of time to install?

Gee I feel bad for my car not needing more work :-P

In addition to all those suspension parts I could buy for the suspension refresh, I have a brand new steering guibo that can be installed.
    I do have two new OEM tweeters that I got for free from another purchase that I would love to put in the front doors so there is that too.
    My car was in for an oil change today and they told me my only 2 year old Victor Reins (ugh) valve cover gasket was starting to seep.

Im trying to think of other stuff. lol
    Well it would take me the whole day if I did it by myself for 2 cars. But I have you guys lol We could do your tweeters. That doesn't even require a lift. You could bring stuff, and if we finish John's in time, then we can start on yours lol And whatever we don't get to, is for the next meet.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I have a ton of stuff I could do... was just wanting to preserve time for other cars work. Water pump for one...
    Yeah just the water pump by itself would be easy too. Especially now that you have the manual fan.

Maybe I should have made it so that every month until the end of the year, we just work on one car for the whole day lol That seems like a better plan now that I think about it. But we don't even have like 8 cars to complete the year lol

Well it would take me the whole day if I did it by myself for 2 cars. But I have you guys lol We could do your tweeters. That doesn't even require a lift. You could bring stuff, and if we finish John's in time, then we can start on yours lol And whatever we don't get to, is for the next meet.

Maybe I should have made it so that every month until the end of the year, we just work on one car for the whole day lol That seems like a better plan now that I think about it. But we don't even have like 8 cars to complete the year lol
    Good point. Yes I will help however I can (keeping in mind I am very much an amateur wrencher) on whoever car is being worked on this day, my car or not. I definitely don't want to start my suspension work unless we can finish it in the same session, because I need to get the car aligned after right? I don't want to drive around with bad alignment or have to get one twice.

If nothing else I will pack my tweeters and steering guibo and see what else I come across in my garage.

As an aside, I got my pay/bonus info and was pleasantly surprised. I could start purchasing suspension stuff whenever I suppose. I know a few people have pointed out I should get Koni Yellows, but I am not sure I want to deal with adjustable stuff: from what I am reading you have to experiment and adjust those to your liking. I kind of just wanted something similar to the stock ride and handling (maybe a smidge less roll in corners would be nice but thats springs, and Im staying stock there).
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Good point. Yes I will help however I can (keeping in mind I am very much an amateur wrencher) on whoever car is being worked on this day, my car or not. I definitely don't want to start my suspension work unless we can finish it in the same session, because I need to get the car aligned after right? I don't want to drive around with bad alignment or have to get one twice.

If nothing else I will pack my tweeters and steering guibo and see what else I come across in my garage.

As an aside, I got my pay/bonus info and was pleasantly surprised. I could start purchasing suspension stuff whenever I suppose. I know a few people have pointed out I should get Koni Yellows, but I am not sure I want to deal with adjustable stuff: from what I am reading you have to experiment and adjust those to your liking. I kind of just wanted something similar to the stock ride and handling (maybe a smidge less roll in corners would be nice but thats springs, and Im staying stock there).
    Yeah I'm sure you'll be fine. You don't need to get an alignment right away. It depends on what we put on first though. What suspension stuff are you planning to do? I never read the BMWCurve's list. It was too long.

You can get them and just leave them in the middle setting. A lot of people never adjust it and it's fine. You're mainly in the Irvine area right? The roads there are like perfect except for the sewers lol I love driving around there. My suspension is set up incorrectly, and it drives perfect there lol

Yeah I'm sure you'll be fine. You don't need to get an alignment right away. It depends on what we put on first though. What suspension stuff are you planning to do? I never read the BMWCurve's list. It was too long.

You can get them and just leave them in the middle setting. A lot of people never adjust it and it's fine. You're mainly in the Irvine area right? The roads there are like perfect except for the sewers lol I love driving around there. My suspension is set up incorrectly, and it drives perfect there lol
    well just to start:
    shocks/struts
    mounts
    any supporting items related to them
    Control arm bushings (mechanic said they looked ok but were starting to crack)

I need to look at his list in more detail and see what else is on it that should be replaced. Any joints/bushings/rods I'm not thinking about, etc. Everything on there is 115k old now. What have you replaced on your car? Do you use Konis?

yes I am in Irvine. Might move to Long Beach where the roads are a bit worse. and I drove up to LA last night and my poor car. I tried to avoid as many potholes as I could but I fell right into a few big ones. ugh.

well just to start:
    shocks/struts
    mounts
    any supporting items related to them
    Control arm bushings (mechanic said they looked ok but were starting to crack)

I need to look at his list in more detail and see what else is on it that should be replaced. Any joints/bushings/rods I'm not thinking about, etc. Everything on there is 115k old now. What have you replaced on your car? Do you use Konis?

yes I am in Irvine. Might move to Long Beach where the roads are a bit worse. and I drove up to LA last night and my poor car. I tried to avoid as many potholes as I could but I fell right into a few big ones. ugh.
    oh so like a whole suspension refresh? so like tie rods, endlinks, etc. Hmm well if we have enough people, would could technically do both cars at the same time. It would be easier to have your car on the lift because there's more stuff to be done. and do JR's on the ground.

Most of my suspension has been replaced with performance stuff already. Only the bushings are left to be replaced. That will get done whenever I do my rear end reinforcement. I don't use Konis, I have AST coilovers.

I've ridden in a car with Koni's they feel fine. Slightly stiffer than stock, but not too bad. It does lower the car like barely. Not noticeable. I think you would be cool with it, especially if your current suspension is already blown.

edit:
    I looked at BMWCurve's list. He didn't do what I consider a full suspension refresh. He basically only did the shocks & mounts, fcab, and rtab. That doesn't take that long. But replacing those 2 bushings will mess up your alignment for sure lol. We just need a 3 jaw puller tool and an RTAB tool.

Anyone know what size puller we need for the FCAB? I might as well buy one since I can't find it. I'll need one when I do mines later down the line.

What time this Saturday?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast