Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

(Placeholder) New product from ESS

So......anyway, I don't know how much I can say about this as I don't know how much is in the public domain. But.... I can say it is a low cost "power adder" and I'll know more in 2 weeks :

Long story short, I know the guys at ESS and their main US office is down here in AZ a few miles away. One of the guys called me up and asked if he could use my car for a few weeks for an "install/test". I said sure, since i travel and my car usually sits at the airport for most days. He said I could keep it + cash after they are done with it.

So this is just a place holder post (or teaser post?) for now.

EDIT: The car goes to the shop on Tuesday afternoon. I will have updates to this thread throughout the next couple of weeks as they do install, pics, testing, modding, dyno, etc....

EDIT 2: I don't have any information yet on Dyno numbers, costs, install timeframe, etc.. As they are building this up and taking pictures, doing the install, dyno testing, tuning, etc.. I will have more information to pass along. I talked to the installer guy and he said all said and done, the entire kit that you see below shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours of install time. When I walked through the kit with the guys, we lined up the bracket and everything and I can see where after removing the air box, it really won't take much time at all to install this system.

EDIT 3: I will have to put my Gruppe M intake up for sale, since I can no longer use it with this kit. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing yet
    Last edited by bullfrogs_M3; 09-25-2014 at 07:01 AM.

I really have no idea what I am doing

Dropping off the car

The main parts of the new system (all new bracket, two main hoses, pulley's and of course the power unit)

(sorry, for the life of me, i just can't get this thing to rotate in photo bucket properly: http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/artimasJC/library/ )

What an assembled unit with new S/C and bracket (this bracket is for the E46 M3, but ours will be identical minus that upward piece on the left above the pulley)

UPDATE: 09/29/14

Word from the pre tear down dyno session was that I was running 192HP at the wheels. I should have a Dyno sheet soon, but he just texted me that number. Not bad I guess
    My current mods at the dyno session: UUC TSE3, ESS Tuning (done a few years back), Stock Airbox, Dinan Throttle Body

Teardown has started

Some of the misc parts assembled

Assembled side view

Assembled front view
    Last edited by bullfrogs_M3; 09-29-2014 at 10:00 AM.

(post holder for updates 2)

Almost done. Since my car is being used as the install pic/video/documentation car, it is taking them a little longer. Plus they said they are finding some helpful things here and there while they have the car. Over the next day or two will come tuning, tweaking, dyno, etc..

Update:
    Tuning is happening now but there was an issue where they didn't like the original hose and intake setup. So they have been playing around with some different setups on the intake. I'm not sure how I feel about this..... the first thing that comes to mind is inadequate, but hopefully that is just me.

Last edited by bullfrogs_M3; 10-14-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Ohhhhhhhh snap.

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Don't tease us anymore.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Did we start a new thread for this? Lol

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    Did we start a new thread for this? Lol
    I think Dane split them.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Haha alright. Well I'm still subscribed so see how round 2 goes lol

'01 330i

Same thread. I just deleted all the spam, on the OP's request.

The friendliest forum on the planet!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Same thread. I just deleted all the spam, on the OP's request.

The friendliest forum on the planet!
    Roger roger. Looking forward to some goodies!

'01 330i

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast