Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Interesting... I guess a few more hp than I thought.....

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk | Driver Mod |

just put my k & n intake on my zhp today and it sounds sick. i love it so far (highway, city, revving in my driveway at 1am, all of the above). I definitely feel a different pick up in higher rpms and the chirp/whistle tone it gives off is worth it to me

i have the k&n. It came with car, but I think it makes a VERY minimal difference. It's more for the sake of cleaning rather than changing your air-filter. If it does really add power than that's nice, since it will make up for some or all those horspeowers that have been lost since new

Johal, do you have the K&N filter or the entire intake system?

I think antcamp got the entire system which would definitely make at least a sound difference.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

oh I'm so sorry, I forgot to mention I have the "drop in" intake. I'm sure the entire system would make some sound difference in the higher rpm's, and probably add 3 or 4 hp

I had the drop in filter in my stock box before going to the aFe. I didn't really notice any gains or sound difference but it was going to be easier to service. I only ran it for maybe 500 miles. Now it's sitting in the aFe box with the rest of my stock intake.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

I don't like oiled filters. They make a mess, they're a pain to clean, and they don't filter as well as paper.

I also don't think an oil based filter in front of a MAF sensor is a good idea. If the BMW performance intake has dyno proven gains of 3-6 HP, i'm not sure I buy K&Ns claims of 10.

Paper for me all day long. On my 7.3L diesel I run the "BFAF" or big fawking air filter, its an enormous generic wix filter with a huge surface area but paper element. I do this because diesels and turbo'ed engines are that much more sensitive to particulates and depend on very clean air and k&ns just don't filter well enough.

I have an aem dry filter (cone non oiled) with a Racing Dynamics heat shield, with this set up you get the benefit and sound of the CAI minus the oil and maf issues later on. Coupled with my headers I am sure I would dyno some pretty good gains.

2007 Interlagos Blue BMW M5 SMG
    Eibach Springs, 12mm Spacers, Dinan Exhaust, Res Delete, Stage 3 AEM CAI, Eurocharged Tune, 35% tints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12