Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

K&N cold air intake

Has anyone installed the K&N cold air intake FIPK. K&N claims 11 hp and from all sources the sound alone is worth the effort. But the ballast may get in the way? Anyone attempt this?
    dyno sheet from K&N http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/57-1001_dyno.pdf.

Here are their products http://www.knfilters.com/search/hp_search.aspx

I'm pretty sure someone on here has the K&N. I have the BMW Performance intake.

Moving over to Performance.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Some say K&N flows well because they don't filter well (compared to others such as ITG and aFe). I would look into that before pulling the trigger. My M3 had an ITG foam filter that sounded great.

I had the K&N drop in....and I think it flowed well because of the aformentioned.

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'm personally skeptical of any true dyno'd hp gains from a CAI... I've seen gain numbers for some in the 20's! You might get a few horsies, but 11 is a lot for that alone. Unless you're mating the CAI with an full exhaust, software, cams and a TON of ZHPM stickers, the benifit is mainly the sound...IMO. And any mileage improvement they may state is somewhat of a myth, it may actually improve your mileage, however not when you're pounding the pedal to hear that beautiful music. I had a K&N on my Grand Cherokee 4.7HO, and MAN did that thing sing!!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

The 'sound' seems to control the selection of these filters with the claims of hp etc. questionable.

My concern is the fitment. Has anyone installed the K&N cold air intake with a 2004-5 330 ci with xenon adaptive headlights?

I kinda don't want to relocate factory parts to make this fit.

Thank you.

I have this setup on a dodge 6cyl pickup and it seems stronger and sounds good. Both characteristics sorely needed on that truck.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but CAI will only net you 3-5 hp at the crank. They all claim 10-20 hp but that is far from what our car cars ever get. Unless someone can prove otherwise with a dyno, this is my belief on CAI.

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk | Driver Mod |

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP-FTW View Post
    Not to burst your bubble or anything, but CAI will only net you 3-5 hp at the crank. They all claim 10-20 hp but that is far from what our car cars ever get. Unless someone can prove otherwise with a dyno, this is my belief on CAI.
    BMW Performance intake dynoed at 7hp.

Dane will be taking the AFE to the dyno shortly.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    BMW Performance intake dynoed at 7hp.

Dane will be taking the AFE to the dyno shortly.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    At the crank or wheels?

Sent from my DROIDX
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    At the crank or wheels?

Sent from my DROIDX
    Wheels I believe. Let me look for the thread and I'll post it up.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast