Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'll take pics when I get home here soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Y'all should be BMWCCA members! The Roundel subscription alone is worth the cost of membership. Then you have a supporting local chapter that puts on various events. If you buy or lease a new or CPO BMW, you get a fat rebate ranging from $500 to $1k just for being a member (must be a member for at least the previous 12 months - can't decide to buy, then join the day before to get the rebate). I have been a member since buying my first E90 in late 2005 and will continue to be as long as I have the ZHP (which I hope is for the duration). Highly recommended!

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Y'all should be BMWCCA members! The Roundel subscription alone is worth the cost of membership. Then you have a supporting local chapter that puts on various events. If you buy or lease a new or CPO BMW, you get a fat rebate ranging from $500 to $1k just for being a member (must be a member for at least the previous 12 months - can't decide to buy, then join the day before to get the rebate). I have been a member since buying my first E90 in late 2005 and will continue to be as long as I have the ZHP (which I hope is for the duration). Highly recommended!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2004 ZHP Acquired: February 5, 2017
    Lorenzo's Project Thread

Couldn't have said it better.....I am now on my 19th year. And what did I get on my 19 years????? 3 stupid pins.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post

Couldn't have said it better.....I am now on my 19th year. And what did I get on my 19 years????? 3 stupid pins.
    Yeah but you have that giant stack of Roundel back issues sitting on top of your toilet tank, threatening to rip it from the wall it's so heavy.. so there's that!

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Membership comes out to like $4 a month....

I'm interested now, I wonder what events they coordinate locally. Not planning to buy a new or CPO soon, but I don't understand what you said about "can't decide to buy, then join the day before to get the rebate".

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I'm interested now, I wonder what events they coordinate locally. Not planning to buy a new or CPO soon, but I don't understand what you said about "can't decide to buy, then join the day before to get the rebate".
    I think you have to be a BMW CCA member for at least a year for you to get the discount on a new/cpo BMW. Basically they want to avoid people joining just to get the discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Here's your local chapter's website, check it out for events and general info...

http://www.tejaschapter.org/

As for the rebate, you must be a member in good standing for at least a year to take advantage of it. If you're a non-member today, you can't join now, buy a car tomorrow, and qualify.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Hello all!

Saw this thread and since I have personal experience with this tough choice, I had to go find that issue in my huge magazine pile to read the article. It's been a while since I've visited this fine forum, so let me me refresh your memory. I bought a 2005 Imola ZHP in 2009 from a good friend in Kansas City. He had only put 22k miles on it so it was a pristine example. It was a great car and 99% perfect as a DD (add LSD and it'd be 100%).

I had the ZHP and a 95 M3 from 2009 to 2010. When I retired from the Air Force, I decided to downsize the fleet and sold the M3. It didn't take long to feel the emptiness from no longer being able to drive the M3 and I realized the ZHP was just too good. Yeah that makes a lot of sense, right? At the time, it was too refined for me and too quiet. I needed to feel the engagement again so when I happened to stumble on a 98 M3 sedan for just $5000, I had to jump on it. I sold the ZHP to another good friend in the CCA and I drove that M3 for 4 years until I bought a new Chevy SS sedan. I still missed the E36 M3, so I bought it back this past weekend when I saw it for sale again. Yes I know, I have issues.

So what am I trying to say here? I really liked the ZHP but I lovvvvve a good manual E36 M3 sedan as a daily driver. They are engaging when you want them to be and comfortable when you just feel like cruising. I've renewed my love for the E36 M3 sedan this past weekend but when this car gets too old (211k miles now), I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in a ZHP again. Imola 6M, of course.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast