Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Imola on NB, 6MT, looks like it might have the Premium Package. Promising.
    What is "NB"?

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    What is "NB"?
    Natural Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Natural Brown

A little overpriced for 133k, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Attachment 29371

Copied the link to your thread for you.
    Well.... I looked at the car last night in the dark and made an offer. Before anyone looks at this car please let me know and I can fill you in. I have 0 attachment to this car if you want to pay more than my offer.

Cliff notes
    -0 maintenance records aside from new front brakes
    -Very bad dent on passenger rear qp that took clear with it with another small dent next to it
    -paint is meh (tons of swirls and clear bra is garbage)
    -lots of rock chips past the clear bra... whole hood needs to be resprayed to look right
    -drivers side door sill is starting to bubble.
    -interior was filled with his personal stuff and garbage (that shows really poorly with me)

TBH I didn't even want to drive the car... he admitted it needs control arm bushings so who knows the laundry list of bushings that need replacement.

BUYER BEWARE.
    -Chris

-11.5 Jerez Black M3/4/6 (ZCP, slick top, cloth, manual seats, no nav)
    -16 GT3 GT Silver
    -02 Saleen S281 Extreme #35
    -2017 F350 Platinum

Instagram: CCOHO93

Quote Originally Posted by D1ESEL View Post
    Well.... I looked at the car last night in the dark and made an offer. Before anyone looks at this car please let me know and I can fill you in. I have 0 attachment to this car if you want to pay more than my offer.

Cliff notes
    -0 maintenance records aside from new front brakes
    -Very bad dent on passenger rear qp that took clear with it with another small dent next to it
    -paint is meh (tons of swirls and clear bra is garbage)
    -lots of rock chips past the clear bra... whole hood needs to be resprayed to look right
    -drivers side door sill is starting to bubble.
    -interior was filled with his personal stuff and garbage (that shows really poorly with me)

TBH I didn't even want to drive the car... he admitted it needs control arm bushings so who knows the laundry list of bushings that need replacement.

BUYER BEWARE.
    Damn.

Just goes to show pictures aren't always worth a thousand words...

Thanks for the recon/heads up for others.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by D1ESEL View Post
    same here. i usually walk away at that point - just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Damn.

Just goes to show pictures aren't always worth a thousand words...
    precisely.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Sounds like a 5k car at best

I don't have a lot of time here, but I did find a car and have made the purchase. You guys probably saw this one for a while on Autotrader. The car was located in Pymouth, MI and he wanted $8,000 for it. 120,000 miles, cold weather, premium (I think). I got it for $7,000 mainly because of the poor paintwork on the front clip of the car. It also has a salvage/repair title.

I drove it home on Wednesday, which necessitated putting another 750 miles on the clock. The car performed flawlessly on the way home, other than the "Service Engine Soon" light coming on about an hour into the drive. I kept going since this car has sat pretty much all winter and I figured it may need some miles on it to clear the engine out. Sure enough the light turned off just after I filled the gas tank just outside of Green Bay.

Overall impression of the car is that it is very nice, but has some warts. This is a 12 year old car that first came from California and must have gotten into a front-end collision on the driver's side. The headlight, fender, and mirror on this side are all newer than the rest of the car. It must have spent some time out in the sun because some of the window trim, especially the vent windows, is starting to rot and crack. The front bumper doesn't appear to be original either but it is OEM. I also noticed there seems to be a panel under the car behind the front bumper that is missing. I see some hardware for 4 bolts, but whatever was meant to screw into these points is gone.

There is some rust starting on the right front fender as well as on the hood. My plan here is to save up some money and buy a new hood and fenders. Up here in Wisconsin you are better off just getting new metal rather than trying to eliminate rust once it starts. A friend of mine who is a big car guy said I could spend tons of hours cleaning up the rust and take the chance it might come back. Better to just start fresh. There also seems to be some small alignment issues with the body panels up front. Things are close, but not perfect.

In hindsight I perhaps was a little too impatient in trying to find a car and wasn't as critical in my evaluation as I should have been. However, the flight to Detroit was a pain in the ass and the seller was a very, very nice guy who was very helpful. The thought of going back to the airport and trying to find a flight back home without a car was just not very pleasant. The seller also threw in a cabin air filter, an engine air filter, and two oil filters. The car also came with a set of Blizzaks on rims, which was a big selling point for me. The seller bought a new shift knob for the car but I had him dig the old one out of his trash can so I could put it back on. He had gotten an M-badged shifter, but it wasn't a ZHP knob.

So to put a silver lining on the whole situation: the car is certainly a huge improvement over the tired old E30 I've been driving for the last 8 years. It has tons of power, drives great, and looks awesome (from a short distance). The interior is quiet and comfortable and has all the creature comforts we have come to expect in our cars...and then some. And even old, salvaged, somewhat neglected ZHP's need to be loved and cared for. My goal with this car is to get the front end looking like it should and just driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    I don't have a lot of time here, but I did find a car and have made the purchase. You guys probably saw this one for a while on Autotrader. The car was located in Pymouth, MI and he wanted $8,000 for it. 120,000 miles, cold weather, premium (I think). I got it for $7,000 mainly because of the poor paintwork on the front clip of the car. It also has a salvage/repair title.

I drove it home on Wednesday, which necessitated putting another 750 miles on the clock. The car performed flawlessly on the way home, other than the "Service Engine Soon" light coming on about an hour into the drive. I kept going since this car has sat pretty much all winter and I figured it may need some miles on it to clear the engine out. Sure enough the light turned off just after I filled the gas tank just outside of Green Bay.

Overall impression of the car is that it is very nice, but has some warts. This is a 12 year old car that first came from California and must have gotten into a front-end collision on the driver's side. The headlight, fender, and mirror on this side are all newer than the rest of the car. It must have spent some time out in the sun because some of the window trim, especially the vent windows, is starting to rot and crack. The front bumper doesn't appear to be original either but it is OEM. I also noticed there seems to be a panel under the car behind the front bumper that is missing. I see some hardware for 4 bolts, but whatever was meant to screw into these points is gone.

There is some rust starting on the right front fender as well as on the hood. My plan here is to save up some money and buy a new hood and fenders. Up here in Wisconsin you are better off just getting new metal rather than trying to eliminate rust once it starts. A friend of mine who is a big car guy said I could spend tons of hours cleaning up the rust and take the chance it might come back. Better to just start fresh. There also seems to be some small alignment issues with the body panels up front. Things are close, but not perfect.

In hindsight I perhaps was a little too impatient in trying to find a car and wasn't as critical in my evaluation as I should have been. However, the flight to Detroit was a pain in the ass and the seller was a very, very nice guy who was very helpful. The thought of going back to the airport and trying to find a flight back home without a car was just not very pleasant. The seller also threw in a cabin air filter, an engine air filter, and two oil filters. The car also came with a set of Blizzaks on rims, which was a big selling point for me. The seller bought a new shift knob for the car but I had him dig the old one out of his trash can so I could put it back on. He had gotten an M-badged shifter, but it wasn't a ZHP knob.

So to put a silver lining on the whole situation: the car is certainly a huge improvement over the tired old E30 I've been driving for the last 8 years. It has tons of power, drives great, and looks awesome (from a short distance). The interior is quiet and comfortable and has all the creature comforts we have come to expect in our cars...and then some. And even old, salvaged, somewhat neglected ZHP's need to be loved and cared for. My goal with this car is to get the front end looking like it should and just driving it.
    Congrats. Project thread!

Sounds good, man. Glad to see the search is over ! Pics at your convenience, please.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast