Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    F it, I'm getting one! For $299 plus the $96 bracket and the ~$12 cord you mentioned, it's still a good deal. Is there a way to download different "loading" screens? What I mean is, when you turn the car on, can you have the display screen show different pics/images like a BMW roundel or something like that?
    There is indeed a BMW roundel loading screen that you can select in the 'Extra Settings' menu (password is 126). You'll probably never see it, though. The thing just boots up ready to go every time you start the car. No loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I went looking around and found another option.

https://www.erisin.com/erisin-es6046...-e46_p810.html
    That's the exact unit that I have, but the generated images are showing a different physical button layout and launcher screen. Apps and menu screens are all the same. I wonder if the actual product looks like that...no pictures of it.

They really did an excellent job of listing the specifications/capabilities of these units, though. Great reference material!

I checked out their pricing, since AliExpress is usually your best bet for this stuff.

Erisin = $269 + $45 shipping = $314 total for just the head unit (cheaper than Eonon)

Getting mine from AliExpress was $290 (now $295) total and included the two cameras (which are cheap, but whatevs).

Erisin/Eonon/Etc tend to just rebadge the same unit and sell it with their own markup/branding.

I use an iphone, anyone know how these android units interact with them plugged into usb?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    That's the exact unit that I have, but the generated images are showing a different physical button layout and launcher screen. Apps and menu screens are all the same. I wonder if the actual product looks like that...no pictures of it.

Erisin/Eonon/Etc tend to just rebadge the same unit and sell it with their own markup/branding.
    Makes sense, I was going off the pictures. I started out at the Avin website and noticed they had a $500 unit with 2G ram and Android 6.0. I searched the model number and somehow ended up looking at this unit.

Layout looks as pictured

Got the piece that I needed to finish the install. It's not much of a difference, but it should be all that I need.

Now to find the time to finish it all...

Good luck- I know you'll get it all nailed down.

I'm going to try to clarify what I said earlier about the graphic EQ settings.

If you look your graphic EQ curve and try to guess what the center line of that curve is, it's about 4dB (ticks) above zero. So if you pull every slider down 4 ticks, you'll accomplish the same effect as what you have but with less possibility for overload in the system, plus the ability to add more level in a given frequency should you choose to do so (not reccomended tho).

Attachment 29976

Hope that helps.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Good luck- I know you'll get it all nailed down.

I'm going to try to clarify what I said earlier about the graphic EQ settings.

If you look your graphic EQ curve and try to guess what the center line of that curve is, it's about 4dB (ticks) above zero. So if you pull every slider down 4 ticks, you'll accomplish the same effect as what you have but with less possibility for overload in the system, plus the ability to add more level in a given frequency should you choose to do so (not reccomended tho).

Attachment 29976

Hope that helps.
    Thanks! I actually got it adjusted per your recommendations yesterday and feel much better about it.

I found this, which I think is what you were asking about in your post. Looks like some people have modified these to add more audio controls.

Info here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...sound-t3234660

Looks like a lot more effort than I want to put into this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Makes sense, I was going off the pictures. I started out at the Avin website and noticed they had a $500 unit with 2G ram and Android 6.0. I searched the model number and somehow ended up looking at this unit.

Layout looks as pictured
    That video shows exactly what I was talking about with the no-load-screen thing! It's amazing! I left the car for 2+ days and still didn't have a load screen.

I kind of like that button layout too. The the back button on mine is clicking the knob on the right side, which is fine, but would be more ergonomic on the left side. Looks like the right knob is mute on the Erisin unit, while it's the left (volume) knob on mine. So funny how they mapped the same internal hardware differently.

Here's a comparison for everyone that's like "wtf is this dude going on about..."

Erisin Unit

My Unit (heh)

- I set the NAV button to open Waze
    - The BAND button cycles between FM1/FM2/FM3?/AM1/AM2. Nice if you visit 2-3 cities often. I think it takes you directly to the radio if you're in another app.
    - MENU is a home button
    - MODE cycles between radio/dvr/dvd/music/ipod/etc. I don't use it because I can't add Spotify as a "mode."
    - Left knob is volume control, click to mute
    - Right side is pretty self explanatory, except that clicking the right knob acts as a back button. I thought that the Erisin setup looked a little cleaner, but wanted the song controls on the right side to make it easier for the wife to skip the track whenever Creed starts playing. She just can't handle the beastly vocals of Scott Stapp.

So glad you started this thread, I was really getting bummed out that everyone was having so many issues with their Eonon units. So this alternative seems like a great option! And now that you've laid out all of the inner workings, settings, etc so nicely, I should be able to set mine up (once I order it) without issue
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    So glad you started this thread, I was really getting bummed out that everyone was having so many issues with their Eonon units. So this alternative seems like a great option! And now that you've laid out all of the inner workings, settings, etc so nicely, I should be able to set mine up (once I order it) without issue
    Yeah it's definitely turned out to be better than I expected. I think you'll be really happy with the audio output too. I didn't fully appreciate it until I was disappointed listening to some of my saved songs at home and realized that I only liked them in the car where they sound a lot better. I just ordered the Bavsound​ speaker kit to go with it after a guy was telling me how well they work together.

I'd search around for a different seller, though. This guy hasn't​been helpful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yeah it's definitely turned out to be better than I expected. I think you'll be really happy with the audio output too. I didn't fully appreciate it until I was disappointed listening to some of my saved songs at home and realized that I only liked them in the car where they sound a lot better. I just ordered the Bavsound​ speaker kit to go with it after a guy was telling me how well they work together.

I'd search around for a different seller, though. This guy hasn't​been helpful at all.
    I'm seriously considering joining you...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast