Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Probably not the dongle's fault - only a subset of Apple apps are CarPlay-compatible.
    I wasn't aware - I guess it isn't the be all end all that I want it to be.

Here's something for anyone with CarPlay & a SiriusXm subscription that supports streaming can try -
    I will say this - the CarPlay connection definitely is not as compressed as the BT A2DP that the head unit offers.
    Last edited by MrAdventure; 04-06-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
    I'd wait until they offer CarPlay standard.

I wish somebody effing would. Literally nobody making a DD unit with CarPlay. It’s all android (if you can’t tell, I’m an Apple guy)
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I wish somebody effing would. Literally nobody making a DD unit with CarPlay. It’s all android (if you can’t tell, I’m an Apple guy)
    Switch to Android bruh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Switch to Android bruh

Apple is still king of forcing their fans to use their overpriced version of the same product everyone else uses.

Let's call it a lightning cable and bump up the price 50%.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Apple is still king of forcing their fans to use their overpriced version of the same product everyone else uses.

Oh believe me. I have 5 Apples on my account. 4 Androids.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post

And on top of that, BMW is jumping on the money rape train... They are switching to a subscription service so you have to pay yearly to use CarPlay. Just having to even pay for it in the first place is ludicrous since it's standard on a bunch of cheaper cars...

It seems anything Apple-related is gauranteed to rake in the dough.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    And on top of that, BMW is jumping on the money rape train... They are switching to a subscription service so you have to pay yearly to use CarPlay. Just having to even pay for it in the first place is ludicrous since it's standard on a bunch of cheaper cars...

It seems anything Apple-related is gauranteed to rake in the dough.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    See I don't give a shit about any of that. I want three pedals, rear wheel drive and a fucking turn key

2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

If all my other shit wasn’t Apple I would maybe consider a switch (airport w/ 1TB wireless storage, 27ich iMac, MBpro for leah, her iPhone SE, my two iPods, my iPhone 6s, and Apple TV). I really want to upgrade to an iPhone X but the price is downright rape. It’s absurd.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

9. Long term update, and probably my last. My ZHP has been having some power problems. If I let the car sit for two days, I would come back to find the battery completely dead. It would charge up and start, and then I'd be good until the next time I let the car sit. On top of that, I've been having problems with the GM5 module, where every so often, it would appear that the module froze up and none of its functions (remote locking, interior lights, wipers, etc) would work. After some fumfering around, I found I could get the functionality back if I pulled and reseated a certain fuse (#49) while the ignition was in the on position (which resets the alarm that would start going off). It was getting rather frustrating, especially when driving other people around.

I talked to the BMW GM5 repair guy, and he said it wasn't a problem that he fixed, so he didn't want me to waste money by sending mine to him. I got an inexpensive replacement from ebay, recoded it, but the problem persisted. I kept looking online, and found that some other car brands had battery drain issues with Eonons, and there were thoughts that some pins were getting constant power that only needed switched power, for both the head unit, and the iBus adapter (for steering wheel controls, etc). I even reached out to Mike Miller, who suggested a simple approach - remove the radio. So, I swapped the original Business CD, and the GM5 problems pretty much disappeared, but the battery problem did not. The charging time was increasing from maybe 5-10 minutes to 25+ (with attempts to start during that time). Drove the car for half an hour to charge it and then left it overnight. It was dead the next morning. I hadn't suspected the battery, because I installed a Bosch AGM battery about 18 months ago. Sure enough, I brought it in, and it failed testing almost immediately, and they gave me a free replacement, since it was so new.

Since the new battery, I ran the car with the stock radio for a couple weeks, and then swapped in the head unit without the bus adapter. Throughout that time, it worked fine, no GM5 failures, no dead battery problems. Without the bus module, I had to manually control the volume and brightness on the unit itself. On Thursday, I reconnected the bus module, and twice yesterday, I had to do the fuse trick twice, and I have officially thrown in the towel with this unit. I don't know what it is, but it's probably something between the wiring harness and the bus adapter. I don't feel like trying to track it down any more.

Last night, I put in an order for an Avin Avant 4, with a few extra bells and whistles.

Did the new unit fix it? Bad FSR is a known battery drain issue.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast